Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Ctrl-Alt-Del
X201_X60s_X61T

SMS/SIM/Verizon Mobile Broadband

[ Edited ]

Greetings!  I purchased a Thinkpad X201 (running Windows 7 64-bit) with

Bluetooth   (Bluetooth w/ antenna),  Integrated WiFi wireless LAN adapters   (Intel Centrino Advanced-N + WiMAX 6250),  Integrated mobile broadband   (Integrated Mobile Broadband (Gobi 2000 3G with GPS) ), and  Selectable SIM   (SIM Card: USA ) and I selected Verizon Mobile Broadband.  However, the SMS option on the Tools tab of Access Connections is gryyed out and, per Access Connections Help, "If the laptop does not have sim card, SMS Message box will be greyed out and cannot be used."  Since my laptop is suppose to have a SIM card, I should have SMS functionality/access.  I inquired at Lenovo but did not obtain any help (Owen did not seem to know what was going on at all!).  Verizon wants me to download their VZAccess Manager for SMS.  However, since I have a SIM card and the SMS functionality of Access Connections, I should not need to do so.  Can anyone direct me to the information that I need so that the SMS Message Box will no longer be greyed out and I will be able to send text messages?

I had searched for this topic on this forum and found a posting stating that SMS could be enabled by left-click the Mobile Broadband icon on the Tools tab.  However, when I left-click or right-click this icon, the only options are for (i) Account information and Activation and (ii) Data Usage.

Any help that you can provide will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, in advance.

Best regards,

S.  : )

Ctrl-Alt-Del
X201_X60s_X61T

Re: SMS/SIM/Verizon Mobile Broadband

Can anyone provide any help with this?