Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
What's DOS?
stoot

Service on IPS Panel

[ Edited ]

Hi guys, I just wanted to report my experience with the Lenovo service. My x220 has the IPS panel which was replaced do to backlight bleed after two months I received it. It came back with the same exact backlight bleed although I was told the lcd was in fact replaced. After some months I noticed two new defects: ghosting (and since I do graphics in my free time this is really annoying for me) and a white spot 2cmx2cm in the bottom right corner. 

So decided to send my x220 for service just before the end of the 1 year warranty period. My X220 is currently in Germany in order to service the above mentioned problems but guess what ? I just called in after receiving an email and they just told me that my lcd is not covered by the warranty because the defects of the lcd were caused by my misuse!

They told me they will send the pictures in order to proove such misuse...I am really curious now to seem them!

My questions is, wasn't Lenovo aware of the high defects rate of their LCD panels??

Punch Card
Werewolf

Re: Service on IPS Panel

stoot wrote:

... and a white spot 2cmx2cm in the bottom right corner. 

My questions is, wasn't Lenovo aware of the high defects rate of their LCD panels??

Probably they know very well, but just don't acknowledge such problems. This forum is full with various problems with x220 (some design faults), so this looks like x220 is somewhat doomed or cursed design. At least for this price (i have almost 2000€ unit) i expected troublefree laptop. Disappointed a bit, white dots problem seems not very uncommon even with gentle use. My old field workhorse - x61s takes some more rough handling and no problems at all. 

Premium display doesn't mean quality as it seems. Sad.

What's DOS?
stoot

Re: Service on IPS Panel

They just called me again. They forgot about the misuse argument thet brought forward during our last call. Now they just told me that such problems are not covered by Lenovo warranty. 

They even suggested to contact a service provider here in Italy to have a quote to have the screen replaced.

I can't believe it but, as a lawyer, it doesn't end here. 

In the meantime I will replace it myself and ask them to pay for it.