Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Administrator
Mark_Lenovo

Sneak Peek - New Lenovo X300 ThinkPad (Picture warning - images included)

[ Edited ]
Walt Mossberg had some interesting first impressions of the X300 ThinkPad on his blog today...

It will be interesting to see what his longer term impressions are after he has a chance to work with the system more extensively....

What do you think?

Message Edited by Mark_Lenovo on 02-19-2008 07:24 AM

ThinkPads: S30, T43, X60t, X1, W700ds, IdeaPad Y710, IdeaCentre: A300, IdeaPad K1
Mark Hopkins
Program Manager, Lenovo Social Media (Services)
twitter @lenovoforums
English English Community   Deutsche Deutsche Community   Español Comunidad en Español   ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество
Punch Card
user

Re: Sneak Peek - New Lenovo X300 ThinkPad

That should be a tablet!

You've got pm, btw :smileyvery-happy:
andyP
Topics: 161
Kudos: 713
Solutions: 635

[ Edited ]
Thanks Mark; very interesting, it seems to confirm alot of "speculation". Will there be a "Mercedes SL" range?

Message Edited by andyP on 02-13-2008 10:32 PM

Andy  

Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel solved your question as the solution, it earns the member + points

Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by clicking on the star to the left awarding them Kudos

Please add your type, model number and OS to your signature, it helps to help you.

Forum Search Option

T430 2347-G7U W8 x64, Yoga 10 HD+, Tablet 1838-2BG, T61p 6460-67G W7 x64, T43p 2668-G2G XP, T23 2647-9LG XP, plus a few more.

FYI Unsolicited Personal Messages will be ignored.

de.gif  Deutsche Community   es.gif  Comunidad en Español  uk.gif  English Community ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество

PepperonI blog 

JaneL

Interesting BusinessWeek article went up today as well.

English English Community   Deutsche Deutsche Community   Español Comunidad en Español   ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество

Jane

ThinkPad Slate, T410s, X301, X200 Tablet, T60p, HP TouchPad, iPad Air 2, iPhone 5S, IdeaTab A2107A, Yoga Tablet, Yoga 3 Pro
I am not a Lenovo Employee.
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Retired Moderator
vkyr

[ Edited ]
There have also been added now some ThinkPad X300 images to the Lenovo Photo library...

--> X300 Images

The new ThinkPad X300 looks very promising so far, but for sure it will be on the expensive side, if it will be only sold with SSD drives. I believe the X300 would get into the reach of more potential customers, if it would be later also available in cheaper price configurations with some bundled 1,8" HDD drives instead of SSDs.

BTW, I've some time ago started an information thread about the new Thinkpad Kodachi aka the X300 in our german notebook forum, which now grows faster...

--> 13,3" Thinkpad Codename Kodachi...

...since more and more informations can be found now on the net.

Message Edited by vkyr on 02-15-2008 01:09 PM

ThinkPad T60/X32/600/770 · IBM IntelliStation · 3x IBM SpaceSaver II

Administrator
Mark_Lenovo

Vkyr,

Glad to see you here from our blogs!   As a frequent commentor on David Hill's blog, Design Matters,  I think you might enjoy this story on the X300 in Business week.    I think it made the cover!

Thanks for the other threads !    That's exactly what we need to be doing, - connecting communities of devotes of Thinkpad from around the world, and helping others understand what makes ThinkPad great.  :smileywink:

ThinkPads: S30, T43, X60t, X1, W700ds, IdeaPad Y710, IdeaCentre: A300, IdeaPad K1
Mark Hopkins
Program Manager, Lenovo Social Media (Services)
twitter @lenovoforums
Retired Moderator
vkyr

Hi Mark, first of all thank you for the welcome!

I've already read that fine article and mostly agree with it's contents. It's also a pleasure to see, that it gives David Hill and the whole Lenovo team credits for their efforts and hard work in developing better and more sophisticated new ThinkPad models. - Maybe no need to say, but of course I also referenced this very informative Business week article for our german notebook community users, so they can get an idea what processes, ideas, quality testings and thoughts etc. are going into the development process of a new Thinkpad.

As I can see from the Lenovo image library and other sources, the new Kodachi among other things (WXGA+ LED panel, SSD etc.), also now got a special sort of carbon fibre based rollcase protection scheme. Seems somebody from Lenovo has listen to our "Inside the Box" comments related to this theme and the X-series. :smileywink: BTW. the WXGA+ LED-panel will be another novum for a 13,3" notebook, since most competitive 13,3" LED based notebooks do only offer WXGA resolutions here. - I can't wait to see and get my hands on one of those new X300 Thinkpads in reality, so I can tell the world wide community how it feels in comparison with other notebooks of it's class...

community supermod
erik

i like how the image is reversed.   they must have decided it looked better with the lid on the left. :smileywink:

ThinkStation C20Microsoft MVP
ThinkPad X1C · X220 · X60T · s30

Retired Moderator
vkyr

[ Edited ]
Here is a little fun story about how passionate we all are maybe sometimes, especially when it comes to new things we really tend to like (...yes, I'am talking about the X300 here), but where we don't really have own deeper first-hand informations about.

After I referenced this Flickr image of the new X300...

...in our german forum, a user who saw the above photo had concerns that the X300 keyboard might be possibly also too flat now and thus not following the usual well known state-of-the-art Thinkpad keyboard quality tradition in terms of key thickness etc.

What should I say...this made me somehow nervous... and I began immediately to review other X300 images, in order to analyze the keyboard closer. But after reviewing and scaling up the X300 parts image from the Business Week article, I calmed myself down, saying that it looks as thick as usually and thus seems to meet the normal Thinkpad parameters. - Maybe I should add for a better understanding, that I'am always a very strong believer in Thinkpad keyboards and trackpoints. So it would hurt me somehow personally, if a Thinkpad wouldn't meet here the common high expectations related to it's input devices.

Yes, maybe we are sometimes too passionate with certain things, but I believe David Hill will know what I mean...  :smileywink:

Message Edited by vkyr on 02-19-2008 02:57 AM

Message Edited by vkyr on 02-19-2008 02:58 AM

community supermod
erik

vkyr wrote:
...in our german forum, a user who saw the above photo had concerns that the X300 keyboard might be possibly also too flat now and thus not following the usual well known state-of-the-art Thinkpad keyboard quality tradition in terms of key thickness etc.
at first glance this photo can make the keyboard look deceptively thin.   however, if you compare the thickness of the chassis above the optical drive to a modern T-series, you can see that the measurements are very similar -- and probably within 1mm of each other if there is a difference.   while the key heights may have been altered to accommodate the overall thin profile of the X300, i believe the throw of the keys and their tactility should remain constant.

ThinkStation C20Microsoft MVP
ThinkPad X1C · X220 · X60T · s30