Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Paper Tape
pthierry

Betreff: Thinkpad X1 : Mobile Broadband - Does not recognise SIM cards

Hi,

I got my new ThinkPad X1 this week-end, and I'm also experimenting the SIM card not detected issue.

I understand this could be a manufacturing problem ? Is there a way to know from the serial number if the unit was produced before the problem was fixed ?

Thanks.

Paper Tape
driver8181

No SIM-card slot recognised by X1 Thinkpad

Hi,

I bought my Lenovo ThinkPad X1  (model 1291-26U) several weeks ago in USA and using it in Uzbekistan at the moment. For the last several days I've tried to somehow use the SIM-card slot (by putting SIM-card directly to the slot), installed Access Connections, updated  drivers - nothing helped, as if X1 has no integrated SIM-card slot.

Is there any distance solution to my problem (adding some drivers/soft), should I refer to local technical support (if any in Uzbekistan) or any other way? I'll be glad to have your prompt response.

lead_org
Topics: 128
Kudos: 1,253
Solutions: 1,344

Re: No SIM-card slot recognised by X1 Thinkpad

@Driver8181,

did you order the machine with the WWAN Card installed.
Regards,

Jin Li

May this year, be the year of 'DO'!

I am a volunteer, and not a paid staff of Lenovo or Microsoft
Paper Tape
dmlabwa

Hey JameZ,

I bought a configured thinkpad x1 2days ago and the mobile broadband doesn't work, i get errors "please install lenovo mobile connect application" also when i try to activate it says "no supported WAN card installed in computer" please help.

dmlabwa

Retired Employee
JameZ

@dmlabwa,

Do you have the WLAN drivers installed?

http://support.lenovo.com/en_US/downloads/detail.page?DocID=DS018764

http://support.lenovo.com/en_US/downloads/detail.page?DocID=DS015016

//JameZ

Check out the Community Knowledge Base for hints and tips.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

W520 | 4176-38U | i7 - 2720QM | Quardo 1000M | 8GB RAM | 60GB OCZ Agility 3

lead_org
Topics: 128
Kudos: 1,253
Solutions: 1,344

@dmlabwa, does your X1 came with the WWAN card?
Regards,

Jin Li

May this year, be the year of 'DO'!

I am a volunteer, and not a paid staff of Lenovo or Microsoft
Paper Tape
dmlabwa

I think it did not have, but I ended up shipping my X1 for repair(to Lenovo), and surprisingly it will take them 2.5months waiting for parts to fix it, so I decided to request it back unrepaired, worst customer care I've ever seen.

What's DOS?
Patria

Re: Thinkpad X1 : Mobile Broadband - Does not recognise SIM cards

Hi, I'm in Indonesia and having the same problem with my X1 does not recognize the SIM cards. I've downloaded all the updates and necessary softwares. Any one can let me know how to get the SIM card working? Cheers Patria
Paper Tape
Rowds

Re: Thinkpad X1 : Mobile Broadband - Does not recognise SIM cards

I know this is an old post, but for the benefit of others searching how to fix this.

I found a similar post on here https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/X-Series-ThinkPad-Laptops/X1G2-SIM-card-not-recognized-SOLVED/td-p/1707... but they inserted the sim without the tray.

I was experiencing all the same problems, with the sim not being detected.  works out it was most likely not getting into the correct slot.  What I did was take the back cover off, then pushed just under the sim card slot on the motherboard just enough to alow the tray and sim to slide in easily.

Powered laptop back on and sim was detected and connected.

Seems to be a slight hardware design issue, rather than all the driver and software installs people have been trying.