Support in other languages: 
Paper Tape
karateka9

Thinkpad X301

Laptop is just over a year old.  I use it on wifi connections via router at two places I live.  Right now, I am at a remote area of western Ireland.  For the first time we have a broadband feed from a transmitter, local company installed receiver box on outside wall of house.  Installer connected a router ((Edimax) and my partner can use an iPad easily.  I connect only weakly via wifi; I can pull up my home page but every link from there on just loads and loads, never connects.  I have run a cable from the router's LAN port to my laptop and can get the broadband that way, but I want to connect the laptop wirelessly.  I've talked to a local tech and to my own tech in the US.  The local tech thinks that my wireless card might need updating but I doubt that...my laptop is almost new.  I can have my US tech remote in but that will cost me.

Any thoughts on why I can't connect?

lead_org
Topics: 128
Kudos: 1,229
Solutions: 1,311

Re: Thinkpad X301

under the wireless card property page ( go into the device manager), make sure power saving feature is off, power output max and roaming aggressiveness minimal/lowest.

Regards,

Jin Li

May this year, be the year of 'DO'!

I am a volunteer, and not a paid staff of Lenovo or Microsoft