Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Fanfold Paper
don_lee103720

Updating warranty info for my X200

I am trying to update the warranty information on my new Thinkpad X201 which I purchased from my home university bookstore. I was looking at some pages that showed up via Google and this page showed up so I thought it was worth a try.

Would you be able to update the warranty information for my machine as well? If not, do you know the appropriate person to contact? I PMed Cleo but he hasnt read my PM yet. 

lead_org
Topics: 128
Kudos: 1,249
Solutions: 1,341

Re: Updating warranty info for my X200

what exact information within the warranty information are you trying to update?

The warranty follows the machine, so even if you sell it, the next owner would still be able to obtain warranty support just by quoting the MTM and Serial no.
Regards,

Jin Li

May this year, be the year of 'DO'!

I am a volunteer, and not a paid staff of Lenovo or Microsoft
Fanfold Paper
don_lee103720

Well.. I just bought this machine 2 days ago but when I registered the machine, it says the warranty has already been expired. I talked to the sales rep and they said I just need to talk to Lenovo to have that adjusted so the warranty starts on the day of purchase.
lead_org
Topics: 128
Kudos: 1,249
Solutions: 1,341

call up Lenovo Customer Support in Canada, then you may just need to scan and fax/email in the original sale receipt.
Regards,

Jin Li

May this year, be the year of 'DO'!

I am a volunteer, and not a paid staff of Lenovo or Microsoft
Fanfold Paper
don_lee103720

I guess I have to. I tried to reach Cleo but I dont think he checks his PMs regularly.

Cleo_Lenovo
Topics: 79
Kudos: 260
Solutions: 138

[ Edited ]

Hi Don,

Sorry man, lotsa PMs. Anyway, I've escalated to warranty department. They may take some times to get it updated.

I suppose this is a 1 year base warranty ?

- Cleo

WW Social Media
T61, T410, x240, Z500, Flex 14

Important Note: If you need help, post your question in the forum, and include your system type, model number and OS. Do not post your serial number.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!
How to send a private message? --> Check out this article.

English English Community   Deutsche Deutsche Community   Español Comunidad en Español   ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество
Fanfold Paper
don_lee103720

Hello Cleo,

Yes it is. Thanks for getting back to me. I also have called them as well so hopefully i gets updated. (My laptop came without one rubber foot missing..)