Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Paper Tape
xAlexx

WWAN - Sierra Wireless MC5725 Modem

Dear All,

Is it possible to help?

I bought Lenovo X61, 7675-K2U, Windows XP with built in from Lenovo Verizon Sierra Wireless 1xEV-DO Network Adapter, Hardware version MC5725 with antenna and all other necessary things. I am using my Laptop in the Europe, actually in Latvia where are available such providers as: Tele2, Bite (partner of Vodafone), LMT (partner of Telia Sonera). I would like to use WWAN services in my country and I am going to understand that I must to change my current adapter to WWAN Sierra Wireless MC8775 HSDPA adapter. Is it right way and it helps and is it possible to change?

Thank you and best regards,

xAlexx

ajkula66
Kudos: 757
Solutions: 800

Re: WWAN - Sierra Wireless MC5725 Modem

Welcome to the forum!

Yes, the WWAN card is replaceable, and you're on the right track for a proper replacement.

Good luck. 

Cheers,

George

In daily use: R60F, R500F, T61, T410

Collecting dust: T60

Enjoying retirement: A31p, T42p,

Non-ThinkPads: Panasonic CF-31 & CF-52, HP 8760W

Starting Thursday, 08/14/2014 I'll be away from the forums until further notice. Please do NOT send private messages since I won't be able to read them. Thank you.
Paper Tape
xAlexx

Thank you George,

I'll buy Sierra Wireless MC8775 Mini PCI 3G HSDPA adapter, will change it and then will report.

If I understood correctly I must to uninstall all Verizon software and replace it to other? Which is right software for WWAN Sierra Wireless MC8775 HSDPA adapter?

Kind regards,

xAlexx

Community SuperMod
bananaman

Your provider may have their own WWAN software (in the case of Vodafone it is Mobile Connect, for AT&T it is Communication Manager, etc. Vodafone even have a Lenovo-specific version of their Mobile Connect).

Or you can use Sierra Wireless' 3G Watcher.

I don't work for Lenovo. I'm a crazy volunteer!
Paper Tape
xAlexx

Thank you very much for your feedback regarding software.

Before buying the adapter MC8775 I would like to ask - my system will allow to work with such adapter? I will not have a problems with BIOS, system booting etc.? Antenna, SIM port are same with  MC5725 or I must to change some other hardware as well.

Thank you very much once again,

xAlexx