Support in other languages: 
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Shiren
Accepted Solution

'Walk between conference rooms' wireless option? (keep connection alive for 10 minutes)

I feel like I read about this whne I was looking at reviews for the x220. Is this an option - and if not is there a way to recreate it as a function in the power options?

To reiterate what it is: it would allow you to close the laptop lid, walk to a different room, open the lid, and still be connected to your wireless.

thanks.

Community SuperMod
bananaman

Re: 'Walk between conference rooms' wireless option? (keep connection alive for 10 minutes)

Hi Shiren!

It's called InstantResume, and the setting for it is in Power Manager, under Power Use in Basic mode, or Global in Advanced Mode.

Tell us how it works for you.

I don't work for Lenovo. I'm a crazy volunteer!
Guru
HiVolt

Re: 'Walk between conference rooms' wireless option? (keep connection alive for 10 minutes)

What that feature simply does "Instant Resume" is basically delays the sleep function,so you close the lid and the laptop is basically still on, so you can have it closed for short periods without having to reconnect...
---------------------
| X220 i7-2620M | 12.5" IPS | Intel 520 Series 180GB Main SSD | Mushkin 120GB mSATA SSD | 8GB RAM | Intel 6205 WiFi | BT | Win7 Pro 64 SP1 |