Support in other languages: 
xm8
Paper Tape
xm8

Warrantied X100e Turion X2 Replaced With Athlon MV-40

[ Edited ]

Due to major overheating issues, I was forced to warranty my X100e equipped with the Turion X2 L625 processor. When it was sent back, the repair summary listed the following components replaced:

FAN

PLNR CARD DX10 (which I assume is the graphics chip)

To my surprise, the processor was swapped as well to the lower end Athlon Neo MV-40 with no mention of this on the summary. The machine itself is the original one and the hard drive contents were not touched. I've already contacted Lenovo and they are having it sent to a different repair dept for investigation. However, doing some online research, this has happened to a few people before ... which leads me to believe this may be standard procedure.

Considering that I paid for the Turion X2 and the significant performance difference, I'm not so happy with this situation. Has anyone else had this experience? Thanks for your input.

lead_org
Topics: 128
Kudos: 1,201
Solutions: 1,276

Re: Warrantied X100e Turion X2 Replaced With Athlon MV-40

they must have replaced the wrong motherboard, since the CPU is soldered to the motherboard.
Regards,

Jin Li

May this year, be the year of 'DO'!

I am a volunteer, and not a paid staff of Lenovo or Microsoft
What's DOS?
cllewis70

Sent in my 8 month old x100e to be repaired due to excessive overheating.  I have (or at this point HAD) the Turion dual core processor model.  When running multiple applications and anything graphic intensive the machine would overheat and shutdown.  This problem was increasing in occurence so the machine went in for repairs.

When I got the machine back it was running cooler, yet obviously slower.  Upon running the Windows control panel system tool I learned that my Turion X2 had been swapped for a lower power Athlon MV40.

The machine goes back to Lenovo again to get my dual core back.

The customer support folks have been very apologetic and helpful.  It was said to be a simple mistake of pulling the wrong replacement main board from a bin.  Seems from what I see on here that it happens more frequently that you'd think.

802.11n
SMG47

cllewis70 wrote:

Sent in my 8 month old x100e to be repaired due to excessive overheating.  I have (or at this point HAD) the Turion dual core processor model.  When running multiple applications and anything graphic intensive the machine would overheat and shutdown.  This problem was increasing in occurence so the machine went in for repairs.

When I got the machine back it was running cooler, yet obviously slower.  Upon running the Windows control panel system tool I learned that my Turion X2 had been swapped for a lower power Athlon MV40.

The machine goes back to Lenovo again to get my dual core back.

The customer support folks have been very apologetic and helpful.  It was said to be a simple mistake of pulling the wrong replacement main board from a bin.  Seems from what I see on here that it happens more frequently that you'd think.

I just sent in my X100E with L335 dual core cpu to Easyserv  for an overheating problem.  Got it back today and surprise! surprise! the cpu had changed to a single core MV40.  Since many others have reported this same error by Easyserv I suspect this is deliberate move and not a mistake since the MV40 does run cooler.  If Easyserv wants to downgrade the cpu to solve an overheating problem they have an obligation to notify the customer of their intention and not try to sneak it by, which is what I suspect they have been doing for quite some time now.  I called the "mistake" in and they are sending another box overnight. (sigh).  Unfortunately, this has been a waste of time for me and a waste of unnecessary overnight shipping costs for Lenovo.  A lose lose all around.