Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Paper Tape
hvassk

Where to find my warranty info

I remember that I paid for Accidental Warranty coverage, but what is that called when I search on the Lenovo Warranty Lookup (http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/warrantyLookup)?

I have international warranty service.  Is my Accidental Warranty coverage worldwide too?  I was at a service depot where they refused to service my machine since it had been dropped.
ajkula66
Kudos: 757
Solutions: 800

Re: Where to find my warranty info

Welcome to the forum!

Your warranty upgrade should clearly be stated on the lookup page for your machine.

IWS is applicable in different countries and under different rules depending on the model number. If you post your machine type, and give us more specifics on what actually happened when the depot had refused to cover your ThinkPad, I'm sure we could help you better.

Good luck and let us know.

Cheers,

George

In daily use: R60F, R500F, T61, T410

Collecting dust: T60

Enjoying retirement: A31p, T42p,

Non-ThinkPads: Panasonic CF-31 & CF-52, HP 8760W

Starting Thursday, 08/14/2014 I'll be away from the forums until further notice. Please do NOT send private messages since I won't be able to read them. Thank you.
Paper Tape
hvassk

Machine type & model is:
1706-8DU
Here is what the warranty lookup reads for my specific machine:
This product has a three year limited warranty which includes a ThinkPlus warranty upgrade. This product is entitled to parts and labor and is entitled to EZServ. This machine is also entitled to the Thinkpad Protection Service. Customers may call the PC HelpCenter for more information.
This is a summary of what the service partner told me:
They have never heard of accidental coverage and no plastic parts on the machine are serviceable without paying a fee. If I dropped the machine there is no warranty coverage on any damage. They checked my warranty status directly on the Lenovo site, and concluded that only my internal electronics are covered by warranty.
The whole story is that I spoke to the Lenovo rep and sent the machine to repair. I got it back about two weeks later and it appeared as if they had replaced a case, but the wrong one. I was upset that the correct work had not been done and they directed me to a closer repair center where I could walk it in. 

I bought the machine in the US but am in Denmark at the moment.

ajkula66

Your warranty info says exactly what it should.

I may not be aware of some "small print" within IWS, but believe that you are entitled to the service that you had requested.

Having said that, a good friend of mine from another forum had to jump through hoops to get his IWS recognized in Denmark, and he's Danish...

You might need help from someone who actually works for Lenovo, which wouldn't be me. I'm just a ThinkPad buff.

Good luck.
Cheers,

George

Starting Thursday, 08/14/2014 I'll be away from the forums until further notice. Please do NOT send private messages since I won't be able to read them. Thank you.
Bit Torrent
wjli2

You might want to contact say Mark_Lenovo regarding the IWS situation.
Paper Tape
hvassk

Great. Thanks for the help.  Just a quick question:
What is the Lenovo term for Accidental Coverage? EZServ?
ajkula66

ThinkPad Protection Service is the official term for accident protection.

Ez Serv is the official term for depot-type warranty (as opposed to on-site).

Hope this helps.
Cheers,

George