Support in other languages: 
What's DOS?
SuperNova

Windows Installer not installed properly, then boots to safe mode w/no backlight?

[ Edited ]

I have only used my laptop for about 2 weeks.

I tried to download an Adobe Reader update, and I got a message that said "Windows Installer was not installed correctly." 

I retarted my computer, but it would only boot in safe mode. 

I tried  a System Restore, but I got a message that said   "System Restore doesn't appear to be functioning properly."

I tried to do a virus scan (just in case), but my computer will not connect to the internet, so that's not working, either. 

I tried to restart once more,  but as soon as I went to put my password in, the backlight on the laptop would shut off, and then it would only boot in safe mode. 

I put the laptop away for a little while because my life got very busy and I didn't have the time to deal with it. Today, when I turned the laptop on to try and troubleshoot, it booted  normally, and successfully- no safe mode, backlight still on- and then it told me that System Restore had worked. 

What gives? 

Anyone have any ideas what happened / what I did to make this happen / how I can avoid it in the future / if the computer is actually going to function properly or if it needs to be sent back? 

Thanks! 

tanujhanda
Topics: 3
Kudos: 80
Solutions: 65

Re: Windows Installer not installed properly, then boots to safe mode w/no backlight?

Hello SuperNova and welcome to community,

When you restore the system earlier to back date it did not get complete and also Windows 7 has startup repair option which fixes the common startup bugs.

Best Regards,

Tanuj

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution".! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!