Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community SuperMod
bananaman

X Series Laptops Shipping discussion (2011)

[ Edited ]

All,

Post your shipping and order management experiences here.

Here are some common points of frequent discussion:

• Avoid Credit Holds - ensure that BOTH your bill to and ship to addresses are listed with your CC bank before ordering 
  • Lenovo will NOT bill your card until order ships - an authorization charge hold to check for available balance may show up when order is first placed. 
  • Estimated ship dates are based on default lead time and can vary from what was displayed on website. 
  • In the US and Canada, Lenovo utilizes UPS for new product shipments 
  • Orders may ship before the Estimated Ship Date 
  • Orders may enter through Alaska and pass through Louisville, KY before traveling on to final address 
  • Cancellation requests may take up to 2 days to process 
  • Requests to change configuration or other aspects of the order may require the order to be rebooked. 
  • Lenovo does not accept payment via international credit cards, except AMEX. 
  • 2010 shipping discussions for Thinkpad X Series Laptops can be viewed -->here<--, and prior to 2010 -->here<---.
I don't work for Lenovo. I'm a crazy volunteer!
Punch Card
KnightZero

Re: X Series Laptops Shipping discussion (2011)

First shipping thread post of the new year, and my first post here.  Ordered a fairly decked out X201 with the web special+coupon price on the 14th.  I'm anxiously awaiting any update on my status - I still haven't gotten a shipping notification, but the system has quoted the 26th for shipping.  My mature, adult side is telling me to be calm and patient, but my inner gadget nerd/three year old wants his toy now! :smileyhappy:

Just for reference, since I saw some data collection going on in last year's thread - 

Thinkpad X201

Ordered - 1/14/2011

I'll come back and add in my shipped and recieved dates once they are known to me.  Well, the recieved date might be a little late.  That inner three year old is gonna turn the shipping box to confetti if I don't keep an eye on him.

Paper Tape
iopepper2010

jumped on Jan 14th of 2011 to take advantage of the web special and grabed a x201 with a little bit customized configuration.

but the order status told me the estimated shipping date is 02/02/2011. I could not believe it why take so long. I even chatted with their chat CSR, they told me they are working on my system from 15th. but did not know more than the system. They even claimed for this kind of system, I mean a little bit customized system, it will take up to 15 business day to process and build. I really don't think they can do business like this. Anyway, up to now, I think they at least build the thinkpad pretty good, but the customer service is horrible.

up to now, nothing new. I understund 14th is friday and took the weekend and MLK day into account, only 4 business days passed. I think I should be patient to wait the box appear at the door. Maybe somebody gonna knock on my door. At least my in-law can help me to sign it so I don't need to pick it up at local ups center. I just think they should throw more detailed info in the general "in process" , more clarity so few customers gonna flood their calling center with anger call. good luck to everybody on the same boat. Cheers!!! be patient, otherwise, pick a shovel, and shovel the snow.

Here is my configuration:

3249CT  CONFIGURED SYSTEM 
02/02/11  
       0A68842  SBB ICI5-480M PR2.66GHZ,3MB    
       45M3092  VBB GENWIN7HOMEPREM64    
       60Y7983  SBB GWIN7HOMEPRE64 US ENGLISH    
       60Y7816  SBB 12.1WXGALED2X2UCIIAW/C+WBU    
       43Y4797  VBB 4GBPC3-8500DDR3SDRAM1DIMM    
       44C5216  SBB KEYBOARD US ENGLISH    
       60Y7820  SBB TRACKPW/FINGERREAD+TOUCHP    
       60Y7835  SBB 500GBHARDDISKDRIVE7200RPM    
       60Y7826  SBB 5-1MEDIACARDREADER+MODEM    
       44C7628  SBB TPD X200 S 9CLL LI-ION BAT    
       41W1787  SBB CPK NORTH AMERICA    
       60Y7824  SBB BLUETOOTH W/ANTENNA    
       44C8733  SBB THINKPAD B/G/N    
       44C7950  SBB INT WRLSSWDAREANTWRK UPGR    
       60Y7853  

SBB WIN7LANPACK US ENGLISH

Punch Card
KnightZero

IOPepper2010: Your concerns sound like mine, although when I ordered on the 14th, I got an estimated date of the 26th. February is ludicrously slow turnaround, but perhaps the sale - or the production of new Sandy Bridge Ideapads hit them pretty hard.  If Lenovo turns it around in less than a month, it'll still be better than my last Dell order at my old company, so I'm holding out hope.

As a fellow Tri-State resident, here's hoping that with the eventual dissapearance of our unwelcome white precipitation comes some shipping notifications from Lenovo! :smileyhappy:

Paper Tape
iopepper2010

although they may be hit hard by another wave of promotion ideapad, but that does not justify their sluggish response to thinkpad order. I do think they should take good care of thinkpad customer especially x serious. My 2 cents. This is my fourth thinkpad, although the previous three belongs to my company so I don't need to deal with lenovo by myself.  Big differnece. I want to say we are not too small to ignore!!!

for the weather, I just hope the mother nature can give us a break. Otherwise, I will give myself a break at FL or PR.

I will keep your guys update of my order status.

but at least for this weekend, I will try to forget about it completely.

Paper Tape
iopepper2010

just received a reply from Lenovo customer service

"The order should ship out by the week of January 21, 2011"

so just gave them a call, try to clarify things out. It turned out they mean 31 instead of 21.

But the online status did not change, still 02/02/2011. I highly doubt the CSR's new date. But whatelse can you do? Just hope. Really we need "Change"

Punch Card
KnightZero

The customer service reps seem to have a script to read from - whatever date is showing, they just quote you the week of.  They gave me the same info when I called in to change some info on my form - gave them my old cell phone number by mistake.  At least they assured me that my system has been moved to start the build.  I'm not getting too riled up unless my ship by date goes beyond the 26th.  I'll need the thing for school next month, and I don't even consider ordering from another supplier an option.  I'm sure we'll make it, I just have to muzzle my impatient side. :smileyhappy:

Fanfold Paper
yaoyao1789

[HELP] Money charged but no order confirming email

Hi guys,

I ordered online a thinkpad X201 yesterday evening (EST) at Lenovo's website. Now my debit card has been charged 2 times but I have not received any email from Lenovo to confirm the order. I want to cancel the order but I don't even got order number.

Here are the details:

After I filled the paying method with my debit card and press the "order" button, the webpage returned a message says "the bank did not approve the charges for the credit card provided... ". Minutes later I got a call from my bank and the one from the bank confirmed with me on the transaction, and told me to click the button again after 5 minutes. So I clicked that "order" button on the same page the second time. and ...... The page still returned the same message but my card was charged again! Now,  I did not get any order number, what I see is only the "part number" for the laptop in my cart.

I am very upset because I paid twice for the laptop but no confirmation received. I want to cancel my order but I do not have the order number and it's Saturday -- no one answers the service call. How could I know my order number for the two transactions? How could I cancel the order and let Lenovo return my money back to my card? Is there any email address of Lenovo that I can write to for this issue?

Any help would really be appreciated. Thanks!

Punch Card
KnightZero

Re: [HELP] Money charged but no order confirming email

I would call their main service number - 1-866-96-THINK - and talk to the sales department.  If you ask for sales, and let them know that you have issues with an order, they should be able to transfer you to a department that can help.

Fanfold Paper
yaoyao1789

Re: [HELP] Money charged but no order confirming email

Hi KnightZero,

Thank you for your suggestion. I tried the number, as well as 1-866-428-4465 a lot of times today since their working hour, i.e. 9am (EST), and neither could be got through. The two number always got disconnected after the menu. Anyone knows how to make a valid phone call?