Support in other languages: 
Blue Screen Again
hhulsing
Accepted Solution

X problem with re-docking in dual monitor mode with Lenovo 22" ext. Monitor

I am looking for help with my new x201 (3626 A57) with docking station.  I am running it with an external Lenovo monitor using the docking base.  I have them set up for dual mode when in the dock.  I undocked by pressing the button on the left of the dock, waited for the green light to stop flashing, and pulling the lever.  After using the laptop successfully in undocked config, I replaced the laptop on the dock.  From that point until I reboot, the the monitor did not recognize the laptop and did not display a dual mode screen. 

I tried Fn + F4 for sleep mode and also unplugged the external monitor.  It would be great if this worked seamlessly in or out of the dock.

Any ideas?  Am I doing something wrong in my undocking?

topmahof
Topics: 36
Kudos: 325
Solutions: 223

Re: X problem with re-docking in dual monitor mode with Lenovo 22" ext. Monitor

did you try pressing fn + f7 when you redock.  i think tht is the switch for the monitor.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!
If someone helped you today, pay it forward. Help Someone Else!
Blue Screen Again
hhulsing

Yes, thanks.  I should have mentioned that.  I did try Fn + F7 and selected the dual monitor mode.  Nothing happened.

topmahof

xp, vista or 7?

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!
Blue Screen Again
hhulsing

Again, my apologies for missing detail... It's running 7

topmahof

i have an old x32 on a dock with an external monitor and i always just run  it on the external monitor.  i started experimenting with the settings due to your post.  i have my power settings set to sleep if i close the lid. if i hot undock and then redock with the lid open then close the lid and put it to sleep then push the power button the laptop wakes up and displays on the external monitor.  pushing fn space after i open the lid of the laptop extends the desktop to the monitor of the laptop.  you might want to experiment with the power settings as far as what pushing the power buttons do and what closing the lid does. i am running windows 7 professional.  i'm also not using power manager i'm using windows power settings. if you are using lenovo's power manager i think your power setting will be in global settings. 

Blue Screen Again
hhulsing

I am having success with the Fn + F4 in docking and undocking now. Thanks for the tips.