Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
802.11n
icantux

X-series appreciation thread

[ Edited ]
As many find their way to these forums for problem resolution, some posting negative thoughts, I opened this thread to express my complete satisfaction with the Thinkpad X61. It's not a review of any sort, just a post giving full kudos to Lenovo for a well-designed and solidly built machine with all the bells and whistles needed for anyone conducting serious or casual business.

I recently took possession of the X61 7675-92U w/T7500 (2.2GHz CPU) with the Ultrabase and can't get over how well this little machine performs. For a seasoned traveller, this machine is small enough to carry around without any thoughts or consideration to weigh, yet it performs comfortably at par with the more "powerful" T-series sibblings and sits comfortably on any desk for some serious number-crunching or a little distraction. I had a T61 before this and I can honestly state that this little X61 is not only a great performer, but is also a solidly built machine, loaded with all sorts of connectivity solutions and running as cool as a cucumber - and surprisingly, there's nothing lost in having a lower resolution screen.

So here's a two-thumbs up to Lenovo for putting together a fantastic system in a tiny package!

(To moderators: appologies if it's not the appropriate forum for such as post).

Message Edited by icantux on 06-04-2008 01:39 PM
community supermod
erik

Re: X61 appreciation thread

you might consider changine the title of this thread for the benefit of all X series since there are other X owners who are happy with their machines.   while i'm quite pleased with my X61 (7675-59U), i'm even more so with my X300. :smileywink:

ThinkStation C20Microsoft MVP
ThinkPad X1C · X220 · X60T · s30

802.11n
icantux

Re: X61 appreciation thread

... you're right!! I hadn't even thought of the happy users of other X series systems! :smileysurprised:

andyP
Topics: 161
Kudos: 714
Solutions: 635

Re: X-series appreciation thread

icantux wrote:
...snip...

(To moderators: appologies if it's not the appropriate forum for such as post).

Absolutely not necessary, it's about the X-Series in the X-Series board.

I have seen X number of X-Series over several years; I must say it is the series which presents the least number of problems for me. The predecessor 240 was just as reliable and equally fantastic.

my €0,02

Andy  

Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel solved your question as the solution, it earns the member + points

Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by clicking on the star to the left awarding them Kudos

Please add your type, model number and OS to your signature, it helps to help you.

Forum Search Option

T430 2347-G7U W8 x64, Yoga 10 HD+, Tablet 1838-2BG, T61p 6460-67G W7 x64, T43p 2668-G2G XP, T23 2647-9LG XP, plus a few more.

FYI Unsolicited Personal Messages will be ignored.

de.gif  Deutsche Community   es.gif  Comunidad en Español  uk.gif  English Community ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество

PepperonI blog 

Bit Torrent
wjli2

Re: X-series appreciation thread

i like my X31 very much, small and nimble, it weighs less than the Textbook i use to carry around the University campus. It was really a dream machine, the only benefit of my T40 has the larger keyboard and screen, apart from that most of the spec is the same.