Support in other languages: 
Lenovo Staff
LANOgre

Re: X120e ABGN Driver issue in Windows 7 Pro x64

That's good to hear.  I'm afraid the problem might be from trying to upgrade some other driver than the base Win7 one.

Anyone else try these steps and still have a problem?  If so, please put in exactly what steps you took.

What's DOS?
xsoulbrothax

Just in case it helps! :smileyhappy: x120e, using a C300 64GB SSD (on both 006 and 007)

Worked:

1. Installed Win7 Enterprise x64 in UEFI+Legacy via external CD
  2. Ran Windows Update, hid all 'driver' updates, installed all recommended + optional, reboot
  3. Downloaded TVSU, installed only WiFi software (device is recognized, starts working immediately), reboot
  4. Installed TVT and all other updates from TVSU (device is still working), reboot
  5. Profit

Didn't Work:

1. Set x120e to UEFI only from F1
  2. Installed Win7 x64 etc. from external CD
  3. Ran Windows Update, hid all 'driver' updates, installed all recommended + optional, reboot
  4. Downloaded TVSU, Installed only WiFi drivers (device is recognized, fails tos tart), reboot
  5. Installed TVT and other updates from TVSU (device still fails to start, etc)

Also tried installing from USB, running TVSU before Windows Update, each from a fresh install - all of those didn't work as long as it was UEFI only.

I am willing to guess that order of what you install won't really matter re: windows updates vs. TVSU or even non-Lenovo hardware drivers from Windows Update, as long as it installed in BIOS it'll work fine.

Paper Tape
erkerb

I have tried 2 different USB WiFi cards, and they work perfectly. I think it's time for Broadcom and Lenovo to get together and update the drivers. This is definitely seems like a driver related issue.

Lenovo Staff
LANOgre

Thanks a bunch!

I have confirmed exactly what you are saying.  I'll get the ball rolling on getting it investigated.

Retired Employee
JameZ

@soulbrothax,

Appreciate if you could send me a private message with the following information.

Name:
Mobile:
Email:
MTM:
S/N:

//JameZ

Check out the Community Knowledge Base for hints and tips.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

W520 | 4176-38U | i7 - 2720QM | Quardo 1000M | 8GB RAM | 60GB OCZ Agility 3

Paper Tape
marcopolo

[ Edited ]

If you are having a problem with "2x2 ABGN Driver from Lenovo triggering Error Code 10:" under Windows 7 64-bit, here is a solution that worked for me. I tried following the suggested solution from previous posts, but it didn't work. Then I changed this one value in Setup and after a new install the card worked right away. I didn't have to install all Windows updates first or use TVSU to install the driver. I installed a vanilla Windows 7 64-bit SP1 and right after that the ABGN driver from Lenovo website. Done.

2 things that have to be done first:

In SETUP (F1) under "Startup" make sure you have "UEFI/Leagy Boot" set to "Both" ("Legacy Only" might work too. Didn't try that).

AND

also change "EUFI/Legacy Boot Priority" to "Legacy first".

When you have "UEFI/Legacy Boot" set to "UEFI Only" or Boot Priority set to "UEFI first" then ABGN card driver will not work.

It looks like it's a driver issue, but until they fix it or a new solution is found this solution works. No need to do Windows updates first before installing the wireless driver.

You will have to do a new clean Windows 7 64-bit install with these settings and then install the ABGN driver. (Just changing those values in Setup will not make the Error Code 10 disappear if you already have that error. Plus you might get "OS not found error" after changing them so you WILL have to reinstall and re-partition you computer anyway)

Retired Employee
JameZ

@marcopolo,

Appreciate if you could PM me the info which I've requested from soulbrothax also? I have not received it from soulbrothax therefore am unable to raise this to engineering for a fix.

Name:
Mobile:
Email:
MTM:
S/N:

//JameZ

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Retired Employee
JameZ

@All,

For those who are having this issue, appreciate if you could PM me the information I've requested above so I may raise it to engineering for their assistance.

//JameZ

Paper Tape
erkerb

Any updates on this issue?
Retired Employee
JameZ

@All,

Issue is currently being looked at by engineering.

//JameZ