Support in other languages: 
Fanfold Paper
working1

Re: X120e Bluetooth 3.0 ?

Why bother. 

"Bluetooth 3.0+HS supports theoretical data transfer speeds of up to 24 Mbit/s, though not over the Bluetooth link itself......The High-Speed part of the specification is not mandatory, and hence only devices sporting the "+HS" will actually support the Bluetooth over Wifi high-speed data transfer. A Bluetooth 3.0 device without the HS suffix will not support High Speed."

Bottom line: you're getting what you already have 2.1.

802.11n
wildone81

Well, if you go purely by the specs, Bluetooth 3.0 provides for a low power mode.  Not as much as what 4.0 will provide, but better than what 2.1 currently requires.

I've also noticed anecdotally that the audio quality is much better with the Broadcom drivers over my stereo bluetooth headset versus the default Lenovo ones.  Overall, it seems as if the frequency response was bumped up so things didn't seem as muddled and clipped as before, but given that I see no reason to downgrade to try a double-blind test, you'll just have to try it yourself to see how true that is.

Guru
HiVolt

wildone81 wrote:

I've also noticed anecdotally that the audio quality is much better with the Broadcom drivers over my stereo bluetooth headset versus the default Lenovo ones.  Overall, it seems as if the frequency response was bumped up so things didn't seem as muddled and clipped as before, but given that I see no reason to downgrade to try a double-blind test, you'll just have to try it yourself to see how true that is.

It's possible Broadcom's drivers enabled or properly detected the higher bitrate A2DP profile. I had a pair of ordinary Plantronics BT headphones, and from my iPhone 3GS at the time they sounded pretty crappy, but when I used them with my old MacBook Stereo BT output, they sounded much much better. I read somewhere it was due to the iPhone using a lower bitrate profile.

---------------------
| X220 i7-2620M | 12.5" IPS | Intel 520 Series 180GB Main SSD | Mushkin 120GB mSATA SSD | 8GB RAM | Intel 6205 WiFi | BT | Win7 Pro 64 SP1 |