Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
SCSI Port
macandpc91

X120e: Buy now or wait?

[ Edited ]

Hey all, I've been looking at an ultra portable laptop for college and was looking at the x100e. I've looked at reviews and they all say it has horrible battery life and that it overheats and the processor is a first generation AMD netbook processor. So should I just wait a few more weeks for the x120e to come out? Will it solve all these issues I keep reading about? I really need a portable machine for classes and don't want a HP or Acer. Any advice or suggestions would be great. I can get the x100e for $383 with a student discount and tripple the RAM for $30 on Amazon. Which one should I go for?

Moderator Note: Edited subject to match content.

Lenovo Thinkpad T410i 2.4Ghz Core i3;8GB DDR3;256GB Intel 320 SSD;Intel HD;Windows 7 Pro x64
Serial Port
endlessct9a

Re: Buy now or wait?

I personally would wait for the x120e. Based on coverage I've seen from CES, it's a much improved computer over the x100e.

Serial Port
larango

[ Edited ]

I recommed to wait. The issues you pointed out are true (at least from my side).

As per the second question, it sounds like a good deal. However wait and see what Lenovo comes up with (student offers perhaps) before making your purchase.

regards

SCSI Port
macandpc91

I guess I'll wait. What is waiting 2 weeks or so anyways. Hope it's a decent machine for $400 with a 6 cell battery.

Lenovo Thinkpad T410i 2.4Ghz Core i3;8GB DDR3;256GB Intel 320 SSD;Intel HD;Windows 7 Pro x64
Token Ring
Roger99

Having seen the first reviews of the new Sandy Bridge processors, I think it would be foolish to buy a new PC or laptop right now.

I'm in the market for a new laptop but I'm waiting until Lenovo has the Sandy Bridge versions available.

Blue Screen Again
lutas

x120e Purchase Questions (UK)

[ Edited ]

Hi guys, I'm interested in picking up the x120e at launch but am unsure how to go about doing so :smileyhappy:

Do Lenovo usually put new notebooks up for sale on the website a few days before launch? It seems odd that I can't pre-order now with less than a month left? Obviously I'm (perhaps wrongly) assuming the UK release date is the same as US

Related to the above question, when will we know the UK price range? Obviously the $400 price tag has been announced but that just leaves me guessing a price starting at £400 or so...

Thanks

topmahof
Topics: 35
Kudos: 353
Solutions: 238

Re: x120e Purchase Questions (UK)

keep checking the site. there's very little information on the x120e right now.  i think we're just gonna have to wait until feb. to find out anything.

If someone helped you today, pay it forward. Help Someone Else!
English English Community   Deutsche Deutsche Community   Español Comunidad en Español   ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество
Serial Port
musahassan

It is February now. Havent heard about X120e yet.
Serial Port
musahassan

I cant wait for X120e. I need the to get X120e before I go back to campus.
Paper Tape
Tooner

[ Edited ]

I have just contacted the UK Lenovo sales number: 0800 1691451, and was told by the assistant categorically that the Thinkpad X120e would NOT be released in the UK, or elsewhere in Europe. This is a big disappointment to me, as I was looking forward to this model arriving.

Apparently this is because the Edge 11 is expected to sell better. Sadly this model has the 'trendy' high gloss screen which I hate. Please Lenovo, bring the X120e to the UK!

I'm also wondering whether a UK replacement X100 keyboard would work in an X120e?