Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Paper Tape
sukagr

X121e will not recognise bluetooth devices

I have purchased a bluetooth mouse that I would like to use with my x121e but it will not recognise bluetooth devices, I have tried my phone and the  new mouse but it just sits there searching and never finding a device.  I can not think of what else to try :-(  Here is what I have done so far:

Run Hardware test with everything reporting OK

FN-F5

I have tried with only bluetooth enabled with all enabled and with just bluetooth and WiMax NB. Wifi works fine.

Downloaded and installed latest driver software:
Thinkpad bluetooth with EDR Software version: 6.4.0.2900 which installed with no issues

Bluetooth tray icon settings report the following

Allow bluetooth devices to conntect to this computer - checked
Alert me when a new bluetooth device wants to connect - checked

No com ports

ThinkPad Bluetooth 3.0 - Device working properly

Port_#0006.Hub_#0003 - device working properly - Driver version. 6.5.1.302

No sharing and no PIM set

BTTray and BTStackserver processes are running in task manager.

I have tried to connect Microsoft bluetooth mouse and my phone but neither are recognised. The mouse is brand new and the the phone has bluetooth turned on and works with other bluetooth devices.

Please help, not sure what else to try.

Many thanks

Adrian.

tanujhanda
Topics: 3
Kudos: 80
Solutions: 65

Re: X121e will not recognise bluetooth devices

As I understand you are unable to use the Bluetooth device.

Kindly uninstall the Bluetooth software and driver, after this update the BIOS.

Download the BIOS update from the mentioned below web link.

http://download.lenovo.com/ibmdl/pub/pc/pccbbs/mobiles/8quj08us.exe

Once the BIOS got updated restart the system then install the Bluetooth software.

Best Regards,

Tanuj

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution".! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!

Paper Tape
sukagr

Re: X121e will not recognise bluetooth devices

Hello Tanuj,

Thank you for this but this has not fixed my problem.

I have however discovered that it is a Windows issue rather than Lenovo but because it stops Bluetooth working I am sure you will be most people's first port of call.  

I can not believe I am the first person to hit this and can not understand why a solution did not come up in the searches I did,  perhaps you can ensure it does to help those in the future.

To fix the problem you need to run the Bluetooth service account using the Network Service windows security principal.

To do this you need to go into Services under computer management, select the Bluetooth Service right click for properties, select the log on tab and change the account the service uses to logon to Network Service (clear password field),  Restart the service and hey presto.

Hope this can help other users

Best regards

Adrian.