Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Paper Tape
der_george

X130e Drivers (WLAN Problems)

Hey Guys,

I bought a Lenovo X130e with no O/S, now I have just installed WIN 7 64 Pro.

First of all the Notebook doesn't even come with a driver CD! Secondly the Lenovo Driver Search Tool for Internet Explorer can't identify my Machine. Then last but not least the lenovo online search doesn't list the 0627-A41.

How the hell am I supposed to install the drivers properly? Well I fought my way through all the X130e Pages and found the drivers that way. Well most of them work, well until it came to the broadcom WLAN Drivers. All it does is install the bluetooth modul and not the WLAN-modul it self.

I am seriously disapointed with my X130e and especially the Lenovo Service Pages which have no Information at all.

I bought a Thinkpad again because I have allways had brilliant Thinkpad-Laptops upto now. I see things have changed...

Well im sticking to my T40 till tuesday and if its not sorted by then I'm sending the X130e back.

So long

George

tanujhanda
Topics: 3
Kudos: 80
Solutions: 65

Re: X130e Drivers (WLAN Problems)

Hello George,

It is really disappointing to know that you are unable to use wireless lan on your new laptop.

Kindly make the wireless lan device enable with Fn+F5 and check if it detects in Device Manager

You can install Lenovo System Update software which will detect the device and download the driver

http://download.lenovo.com/ibmdl/pub/pc/pccbbs/thinkvantage_en/systemupdate401-2011-07-25.exe

Best Regards,

Tanuj

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution".! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!

What's DOS?
satishrk

Didn't work..

Fanfold Paper
ptsharpe1974

I ran across this post and I'm experiencing the same type of issue that George did on his X130e.  I have tried replacing the motherboard, wireless card, and bluetooth daughterboard with no luck.  I have reimaged the laptop and loaded it from scratch with no luck.  My BIOS is at the most currently level offered by Lenovo and I have ran all of the updates from the Sytem Update utility.  If I reimage the machine, I may see the wireless card operate for all of about 30 seconds before the bluetooth hardware installs - after that I have no wireless card period.  I have also tried turning off bluetooth in the BIOS of my laptop and even went as far as to remove the daughterboard itself.  Nothing has fixed this.  If anyone has any solutions or a fix to this problem it would be most helpful.