Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Paper Tape
marians76

Re: X200 Wireless WAN & Lan ; Problem with the installation of Ericsson device

HI,

thanks for the tip. It was supposed to send it for free, but they told me to send without mentioning about pre-paid pack.
Where I could check what kind of warranty I have?

Second question, so there are no possibility to fix this proble by myself? The Wwan card has worked since the laptop has started the system upgrade, after 2 days I have bought it.
Coud it be a conflict with another driver installed by wondows automatic updates?

Thanks

MAriano

X200s 7466-3rg
xp pro sp3
Community SuperMod
bananaman

Re: X200 Wireless WAN & Lan ; Problem with the installation of Ericsson device

You can look up your warranty here.

If the card was working when you received the laptop, you could try going back to a Windows System Restore Point made during that time. Also, if you made your recovery disk set as suggested by the system when you received it, you could try a restore from it (but you'll lose everything you added since then).

I recommend working with Lenovo support and using the warranty you paid for.

I don't work for Lenovo. I'm a crazy volunteer!
Punch Card
mickey53usa

Re: X200 Wireless WAN & Lan

After almost a year of operation my Ericsson card suddenly does not work. I do not see it listed in the Hardware Manager (Windows XP SP3). The device worked three weeks ago and now it is gone. Tried to reload the Ericsson "core Module" (Generally visibile in Add/Remove Programs - not there) but I can not find where (which driver set installs), or what loads that. There is a valid SIM card in the laptop that I have reseated several time. Broadband manager staes that there is no "radio" card installed. Have reloaded the drivers, have flashed the BIOS to most current. Kind of at a loss as to where to go from here. Have not yet called tech support. Tried communicating directly with moden using Hyperterminal, but don't know which Com Port it uses. Com Port 3 is the 5600 modem built in.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Michael

Paper Tape
GoofyG28

Hi all,

Surprisingly, this is the ONLY thread on the entire Internet that talks about this issue. I spent hours last night figuring out how I could stick the 3G SIM card from my Singapore M1 broadband mobile USB dongle into my new X200 multi-touch tablet. No matter what I did, what software updates I installed, I was not able to turn on the darn green WAN LED light at the bottom of my screen. I was able to turn on/off the WAN via the Fn+F5 menu, but the LED light remained off. My Ericson WAN card is physically present and is available in the Device Manager. However, I tried it with 5 different SIM cards, but no matter what, the system complained that no SIM card was inserted.

I was also confused about the orientation of the SIM card into the slot. The ThinkVantage manual clear tells you to insert the card with the cut corner facing in (and the plated side is obviously facing down). However, looking at some photos online, people have it with the cut corner facing out. If I looked at my machine carefully, I can see a slight etching/engraving on the metal plate just in front of the SIM card slot that tells you that the cut corner should be facing out. After hours of trying both directions, I still wasn't able to make my X200 recognize any SIM card. I rebooted multiple times -- even unplugged the power, reomved the battery, and pressed/held the power button.

So I finally gave up and went to bed at 6am. By 9am, when I got into the office, guess what? As soon as my Win Vista Prof booted up, the light was on by itself! Not only was I able to connect to the M1 network via the Vodafone Mobile Connect software, but even Lenovo's much-hated Access Connections worked, too! No more annoying USB dongle! So letting your machine rest really does work.

Punch Card
mickey53usa

I still have not gotten mine to work. When I originally installed the SIM card i put it in with the cut corner out. I have tried both directions since then. I have let my computer "rest" i have travelled with it. Still nothing. On the advice of Lenovo Technical Support, I took the keyboard and palm rest off and reseated the Ericsson Card. Still does not work. A Technician is to be here today with a new Ericsson Card and will replace the one in mine. We will see if that fixes it. I have not found anything about "bad" or "defective" Ericsson cards.

Punch Card
mickey53usa

The Ericsson Broadband card did not fix the problem. Still unable to see or access it.

Yesterday, a new motherboard was installed and the problem is solved. I again can access the Ericsson Broadband Card. I have a "new" computer. New motherboard and new Ericsson Broadband Card.

Paper Tape
Shifu

My x200 is 7455-A57 (CPU: T9550) ordered in Japanese. This model supports WWAN ready or not?

Thanks!

Cleo_Lenovo
Topics: 81
Kudos: 263
Solutions: 136

Re: X Series Notebooks Shipping Messages

[ Edited ]

Shifu,

Check it out at Parts Lookup. You may find all the parts including the keyboard. They may give you a clue.

Regards,
Cleo

WW Social Media
T61, T410, x240, Z500, Flex 14

Important Note: If you need help, post your question in the forum, and include your system type, model number and OS. Do not post your serial number.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!
How to send a private message? --> Check out this article.

English English Community   Deutsche Deutsche Community   Español Comunidad en Español   ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество