Support in other languages: 
What's DOS?
dbao

X200 integrated camera:hardware or software problem?

First time turned on this machine, the system complained about 5U875 device has no driver. I tryed to auto install but fails. I rebooted it everything looks normal.

Now after running ThinkVantage update, 5U875 device has no driver error pops up again. 5U875 listed under other device at device mananger. Hardware id: VID: 05CA, PID: 18FF, device name Ricoh. I checked all version of Lenovo/IBM integrated camera drirver, they all show VID: 17FF, no wonder why it cannot install.

I rebooted numerious, tryed to install other generic 05CA driver, all fails with error 10. But the dramatic thing is, after I fully turned off, then turned on. The 5U875 is back to normal, even no driver attempted to install. At this time, VID=17FF, PID=4807, vendor name: Lenovo.

It seems to me 5U875 has two levels of control, 05CA:18FF is Ricoh controller chip, it is always ON. 17FF:4807 is webcam itself. This is controlled by BIOS or other hardware. Now it seems to me 17FF:4807 is not ON properally so the system complains. 

Anyone has similar problem? I called Lenovo they asked me to send it back. But I don't believe it is hardware problem. More like webcam control at new BIOS has problem.

et
Serial Port
et

Re: X200 integrated camera:hardware or software problem?

I havectly the same problem :smileymad: One day I turned on my X200 Tablet and I got a message that 5U875 Device has no drivers installed. Tried instaling the latest drivers from Lenovo for camera but no luck. Even turning the tablet completly off and on doesn;t help. The driver instalation just quits without any message.

Anyone has an idea how to solve this problem and get the integrated camera to work ?

What's DOS?
lambda73

some probleme here. Any solutions so far?

lead_org
Topics: 128
Kudos: 1,234
Solutions: 1,323

Ricoh 5U875 device is associated with the card reader on the X200. I try to find the Ricoh driver but it is not listed on the Lenovo website, under X200. 

Regards,

Jin Li

May this year, be the year of 'DO'!

I am a volunteer, and not a paid staff of Lenovo or Microsoft