Support in other languages: 
Ctrl-Alt-Del
ez1223

Re: X201 Blue Screen of Death, BSOD every few days, updated drivers, caused by driver ntoskrnl.exe

Hi s0n0fagun,

At least you know now what the problem is with your laptop.

I've tested mine with memtest86 (2 passes) - no errors.

I've downloaded and used the UltimateBootCD - thanks for the reference, I wasn't familiar with this package.

I'm a bit reluctant to test the CPU using the CPU tests there - is it possible for these tests to cause some damage to the CPU (over-heating, over clocking)?

I think I'm going to call the local support now and let them figure what the problem is...

In the last couple of days I got a BSOD almost every day, and today I got 3 BSODs and counting... :smileysad:

Are you going to replace the bad memory?

Let me know if it solves your problem.

Punch Card
peterh_hk

Re: X201 Blue Screen of Death, BSOD every few days, updated drivers, caused by driver ntoskrnl.exe

Hi,

Recently experienced a BSOD, could you advice how I can do a CPU test on my X201?

Ctrl-Alt-Del
ez1223

Hi there,

I've followed s0n0fagun's advice:

I've downloaded and installed the "UltimateBootCD" package on a USB. You can find all about it here:

http://www.ultimatebootcd.com

I don't have much experience with hardware testing.

So far I've tested the RAM and looks fine.

I'm a bit reluctatnt to perform any CPU tests since I havn't read about them yet...

You are most welcomed to share your experince.

Did you get the same error as I did?

Punch Card
peterh_hk

Hey EZ,

Thanks for your info. No, I actually only got one BSOD so far, hopefully it won't happen again.

I've googled and read some articles about BSOD, and some people said it is "normal" to experience at least once BSOD in all Window OS computers.

I also read from previous comments that maybe you just need to update your BIOS to prevent a BSOD from happening again? Is that really true?
Punch Card
JEFFERSONDEA

Punch Card
JEFFERSONDEA

Also, this one. Have your been overclocking it somehow?

http://www.overclockers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=630809

Punch Card
peterh_hk

Hey Jefferson,

Thanks for your links as some references! 

I've actually downloaded the latest BIOS version from Lenovo website, and so far I'm not experiencing any more of the BSOD. 

Not totally sure if it's the latest version of BIOS or something else, but at least there is no problem for now!

Thanks again.