Support in other languages: 
Paper Tape
arne22

X201 Bluetooth Stereo - How ?

Hello !

I just bought a Lenovo Thinkpad X201i (new), with Windows Vista on the HD and a Windows 7 OEM Licence and CD, like a "do it yourself kit".

So I, I upgraded to a bigger HD, added a 3G modem and installed Windows 7, downloaded drivers etc, and (allmost) everything workes perfect.

There is only one thing I would like to improve: The Bluetooth Module (V2.1) does not support bluettooth stereo headphones, as far as I can se/test out.

I know that Windows 7 by itself and without aditional drivers will not support Stereo Bluetooth. There will anyhow be needed an aditional driver to make support for Bluetooth Stereo in addition to what is deleivered from Microsoft.

Does Lenovo supply such a stereo Bluetooth software for the X201 or the X220 ?

Would it help to purchase the bluettoth 3.0 hardware for X220, as a spare part, to make an upgrade to Bluetooth 3.0 ?

Is there any other software that can be recomended that will make the X201i or the X220 to be able to play stereo music via Bluetooth ?

Paper Tape
arne22

Re: X201 Bluetooth Stereo - How ?

Edit: If there is no driver avalable, please inform about brand and type of bluetooth chip/card, so I can try to find a solution myself.
Paper Tape
arne22

Edit: It looks like it is working now, but I don't know how I did it and why it works, and if I can do it again. I experimented with som 3 parth software, so I'm not sure if it is the Lenovo software or some other software that works. (I tried to remove the other software, and after that it worked, and also I think it is stereo, but not 200 % sure.

I think the make of the original Bluettooth 2.1 chip is Broadcam.

Please inform about correct procedure, to cear it all up a bit.
Paper Tape
arne22

PUMP .. !!

To ask the same question in a little bit different way:

Does anyone on this forum know if the X201i will support bluetooth stereo using the standard software (only).

Yes or no ?
Paper Tape
arne22

Update:

I removed the harddisk and replaced with a new to check out this problem with a Windowd 7 64 installation.

I then run into the problem that Windows 64 dis not see the bluettoth at all. This problem have had a bit discussion before.

http://forums.lenovo.com/t5/X-Series-ThinkPad-Laptops/Cant-install-bluetooth-drivers-on-x201/td-p/23...

http://forum.notebookreview.com/lenovo-ibm/511760-system-interface-driver-x201.html

Paper Tape
arne22

After a system restore it optained connection with the bluettoth adapter.

And yes, with Windows 7 and the Lenovo software it played bluetooth stereo without a problem.
Token Ring
BigBossMan

[ Edited ]

arne22 wrote:
After a system restore it optained connection with the bluettoth adapter.

And yes, with Windows 7 and the Lenovo software it played bluetooth stereo without a problem.

I was able to install the x220 bluetooth driver on my x201 a long time ago. Check out the 2 screenshots. :smileywink:

The driver version is 6.5.0.1441. The screenshot got distorted during upload.

Thinkpad Bluetooth 3.0 Driver Version Detail

Thinkpad Bluetooth 3.0 Driver

Token Ring
BigBossMan

Update.

I just upgraded from  6.5.0.1441 to 6.5.1.2700 on my x201 about a minute ago. :smileyhappy:

This driver was listed under the x220 as well.

http://support.lenovo.com/en_US/downloads/detail.page?DocID=DS029104