Support in other languages: 
Paper Tape
deshi19

X201 thinks headphones are plugged in

Hi folks, I have a Thinkpad X201 (3249CTO) running Windows 7. All was well until yesterday when my laptop suddenly shut down. When I turned it back on, the internal speakers no longer work. I only get sound if I plug in my headphones. I updated all the audio drivers, disabled/enabled them in the Device Manager, and when I go into SmartAudio I'm able to get the internal speakers to make noise so I know the speakers haven't gone out. When I look in Sound in the Control Panel, I only see Speakers as my only playback device, but I seem to recall there used to be another option called Headphones or something. Nothing else is listed there even with "Show Disabled Devices" selected.

I'm just super confused as to what's going on and what I should do. I think either the headphone jack has stopped working or the sudden restart has changed some weird setting in my laptop to make it think the headphones are in all the time.

Thanks in advance for any help!

RMattoo
Topics: 3
Kudos: 94
Solutions: 91

Re: X201 thinks headphones are plugged in

Hi

Welcome to Lenovo community

Please try the following

1. Update the Bios to latest

2. Update the Audio Drivers

3. Update the Intel HD Graphics Drivers

http://support.lenovo.com/en_US/research/hints-or-tips/detail.page?&LegacyDocID=MIGR-70656

Hope This Helps

Cheers!!!