Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
topmahof
Topics: 35
Kudos: 354
Solutions: 238

Re: Screen turns of for a second while switching between battery, AC power

You could try going into power options and changing your power settings so that they are the same for battery and ac.

If someone helped you today, pay it forward. Help Someone Else!
English English Community   Deutsche Deutsche Community   Español Comunidad en Español   ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество
Token Ring
bylund

topmahof wrote:

You could try going into power options and changing your power settings so that they are the same for battery and ac.

The problem is that they ARE the same. I've been through the settings in both the ThinkVantage Power Manager and the Intel HD Graphics manager (through the tray icon), and I still get the annoying turn-off-turn-on of the screen when I switch between power sources.

Token Ring
bylund

Suddenly, when shifting from AC to battery, I noticed that the problem is gone. I did install a new monitor driver as well as the new power management driver about a week ago, but that didn't make a difference. I've also installed a couple of applications, but nothing that should have any effect on the Intel graphics drivers. But the problem is gone. I've tried to dis- and reconnect the power cord multiple times, even after restart, and it seems the screen works fine - it doesn't shut off. 

It is a mystery. But I am very happy that this annoying screen shutoff is gone.