Support in other languages: 
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Pidot
Accepted Solution

X201s Battery Charging Didn't Stop Automatically

Assalamualaikum and hello,

I notice that there is a battery maintenance support for the battery charging which it will automatically starts the charging once the battery reach the minimum limit and stops at the maximum as we set.But I've tested a few times before with this applications and found out that my battery doesn't stop charging at 90% as I set,instead it keeps charging until 100%..(hopefully the battery doesn't overcharge)..

So,i'm wondering whether this applications is actually working or not(or maybe I need to update some drivers perhaps)..Coz I thought I might leave the laptop's charging and automatically stops once it's full or reach the maximum settings meanwhile I could do another work..Someone please help me..

Guru
ExJamJus

Re: X201s Battery Charging Didn't Stop Automatically

Hello Pidot~!

Try updating the BIOS, Power Manager, Power Management driver and see if it stops charging at 90%.

If it doesn't stop charging despite the threshold being set then try doing a battery gauge reset and see if that helps.

*Non Lenovo employee*

I have a Y2P (i5) ... Feel free to ping me if you want me to test some applications with your Y2P if you have the same model. I don't mind keep doing recovery on it if needed .... =)
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Pidot

I've already update the BIOS,power manager and the power management through lenovo's thinkvantage recently..but still the same thing happens.

i've tried to update the battery firmware,but it was then unable..

hm..by the way,how can i reset the battery gauge eh?
Guru
ExJamJus

Here you go Pidot.

http://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-Edge-Knowledge-Base/How-to-perform-battery-gauge-reset/ta-p/679...
*Non Lenovo employee*

I have a Y2P (i5) ... Feel free to ping me if you want me to test some applications with your Y2P if you have the same model. I don't mind keep doing recovery on it if needed .... =)
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Pidot

got it...thanks ExJamJus..

the battery gauge are currently resetting after a full recharge..i could see that the battery is no longer charging after reach 100%,now just need to wait for the gauge reset..

it is okay if i'm surfing or doing a work with microsoft offices during the reset period?
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Pidot

hm..I've done the resetting..but I could say that I'm doing it partially coz I've had read some post in another forum saying that the gauge resetting is not good for the Li-on battery...

is't really true?
lead_org
Topics: 128
Kudos: 1,249
Solutions: 1,340

resetting the battery is basically doing a full battery drain and then a full recharge. IF you do it over and over again for many times, then it will wear the battery, much like using the battery.
Regards,

Jin Li

May this year, be the year of 'DO'!

I am a volunteer, and not a paid staff of Lenovo or Microsoft
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Pidot

owh..i've got a clearer picture on this stuff..as the battery resetting,it will also increase the cycle count of the battery..

well,my battery problem is solved now..also got a new informations on it..thanks guys..really appreciate the quick support from you..