Support in other languages: 
Paper Tape
cmavr8

X201s defects

Hello, I received my brand new x201s with the 6-cell battery a few days ago, and noticed some possible defects:

1. The battery does not perfectly fit in the laptop. If I hold the laptop in the air and touch the battery, it introduces play.

Being a large battery, it becomes the two "back legs" of the laptop. The battery's play leads to the instability of the whole laptop, when rested on a hard surface!

2. The plastic micro-hinges of the screen look misused. Please take a look at the pictures here: http://picasaweb.google.com/cmavr8/ThinkpadX201sDefect?authkey=Gv1sRgCIfNlL-1kMLVOw&feat=directlink

Are they burnt? Are they broken? Or are they normal?

Thanks a lot!

Token Ring
heretohelp

Re: X201s defects

Most of what you have said I agree with I think the battery as I have already stated is a major problem

Im not so sure about the plastic micro hinges they seem ok to me but to be honest I only noticed them after you mentioned it.

Blue Screen Again
fsma

Re: X201s defects - battery not tightly fitted

Hi, I have similar issues with my less than 1 mth old x201. Lenovo did come and swap my base, which is a major surgery that will take a bit of time due to the number of screws involved. It is just slightly better, unfortunately. It seems to be a quality control issue with Lenovo since the same battery has less play in an identical x201 that my colleague is using. I finally use a small piece of blue tac to fill the space and it is as tight as it can be! Too bad for such an awesome laptop.