Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Blue Screen Again
Fitzer

X220 Bios Update Fail - Under Warranty but No Support

Hi,

I updated the BIOS on my x220 to version 1.17 and now the laptop wont boot. Just continuously reboots even few seconds, it doesn't even get to the Thinkpad logo.

I downloaded the BIOS update utility directly from the lenovo website, did a restart logged in as administrator and ran the update. When it was finished I restarted the laptop and then it wouldn't boot.

Lenovo support say that this is not covered under warranty. Is this correct?

Thanks

Fitzer

802.11n
JNavas

Re: X220 Bios Update Fail - Under Warranty but No Support

Fitzer wrote:
I updated the BIOS on my x220 to version 1.17 and now the laptop wont boot. Just continuously reboots even few seconds, it doesn't even get to the Thinkpad logo.
I downloaded the BIOS update utility directly from the lenovo website, did a restart logged in as administrator and ran the update. When it was finished I restarted the laptop and then it wouldn't boot.
Lenovo support say that this is not covered under warranty. Is this correct?

It should be covered. Call Lenovo Support.

Hope that helps,
John
ThinkPad T420s [ i7-2640M CPU | 8GB RAM | 1TB SSD | Bay Battery | BT | Webcam | FR | Win7Pro64 ]
Administrator
Mark_Lenovo

Fitzer,

Sorry to hear about your trouble... let's see if we can clear this...

First, try removing battery and AC adapter and then press and hold the power button several times for several seconds each time.  Re-attach battery and AC and then try to restart the system.   This may clear the condition.

If not, please try to re-contact support.  If you need additional help, please reply to my private message with the information I requested. (see private message from me - little envelope in the top right corner of the forum)

Best regards,

Mark

ThinkPads: S30, T43, X60t, X1, W700ds, IdeaPad Y710, IdeaCentre: A300, IdeaPad K1
Mark Hopkins
Program Manager, Lenovo Social Media (Services)
twitter @lenovoforums
English English Community   Deutsche Deutsche Community   Español Comunidad en Español   ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество
Punch Card
marianm

Hello,
did it work out to get your laptop back alive through removing battery and AC adapter as Mark Lenovo explained on 25 July 2011, please? I happen to have exactly the same issue with my T61, updating BIOS after having had the Blue Screen of Death popping up, and now the laptop does not even boot.

Thanks for your feedback in advance,
Marian
VTX
Fanfold Paper
VTX

Bios update failure is covered , passwords on planars are not.If you used the windows flash update , it will require you calling Level 1 and requesting it be repaired if under warranty. 

Punch Card
marianm

Dear,

thanks for the reply. In the meantime I am right now replying you making use of the laptop T61! Really great to see that by removing battery and pressing the ON/OF button several times during several seconds each time as suggested by Mark_Lenovo it completely recovered!!

Thanks a lot, this makes my day!

A happy Marian:smileyvery-happy: