Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Blue Screen Again
fxxking

X220: Cinema 4D R12 won't start

[ Edited ]

Cinema 4d R12 won't start on my x220 (Product ID 4290W1C, core i5, 8 GB RAM, 320 GB HDD, Win7 64 Bit Professional). I get an error message with an bug report that reads the following:

Exception
	{
		ExceptionNumber = 0xC0000005
		ExceptionText = "ACCESS_VIOLATION"
		Address = 0x0000000000000000
		Thread = 5164
		Last_Error = 0x00000000
	}

According to the Maxon support this means that the crash was caused by the built-in Intel graphics card.

I updated to the newest lenovo drivers - no effect.

I updated to the newest intel drivers - no effect.

I switched to some older intel drivers - no effect.

But when I uninstalled al graphics card drivers and the started Cinema 4D it ran - slow and in low resolution, but it ran. It seems that the graphics drivers are causing a conflict in some way.

Anyone having the same problems and/or knowing a solution for my problem? Or is ther anyone running C4D r12 without problems?

Any Ideas will be appreciated.

Thanks, Felix

Paper Tape
danallison

Re: X220: Cinema 4D R12 won't start

I'm having the same problem on my X220 tablet laptop, except I get this message:

Application Error! More information can be found under 'C:\Users\Dan\AppData\Roaming\MAXON\CINEMA 4D R12_ICC4E3E1\_bugreports\_BugReport.txt'!||After clicking 'OK' scene files will be saved as '_bugreports/_recovery_xxx.c4d'

Weird thing is the folder "AppData" does not exist, and I can't find the " _BugReport.txt" file anywhere.

I'm also having problems with the other 3D animation program I use, Autodesk Softimage. The program will run, but as soon as I try to build any geometry, all the polygons just flip out and go in random directions, making the program completely unusable. I've never had anything like it happen on any other computer.

I don't know what's going on or how to fix it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Guru
ColonelONeill

The AppData folder is hidden. You can access it by pasting a path into Start > Run.

In general, CAD software doesn't really like Intel drivers.
W520: i7-2720QM, Q2000M at 1090/695/1390, 22GB RAM, 500GB HDD, FHD screen
TPT1: 1839-23U, stock ICS
X61T: L7500, 3GB RAM, 500GB HDD, XGA screen, Ultrabase
Paper Tape
danallison

So, do you know of any way to work around it, or will I need to get a whole new graphics card?

Mark_Lenovo
Topics: 412
Kudos: 1,335
Solutions: 288

danallison,

Can you contact your software vendor and get a definitive statement of support for the intel graphics adapater in your system?  This may shorten the path to the answer as to whether or not this can be made to work on the X220.

Mark

ThinkPads: S30, T43, X60t, X1, W700ds, IdeaPad Y710, IdeaCentre: A300, IdeaPad K1
Mark Hopkins
Program Manager, Lenovo Social Media (Services)
twitter @lenovoforums
English English Community   Deutsche Deutsche Community   Español Comunidad en Español   ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество
Paper Tape
danallison

This is from Maxon's system requirements page:

"In short, CINEMA 4D and BodyPaint 3D run on any OpenGL-capable graphics card (which includes the vast majority available in the past 10 years). We do however strongly recommend using a dedicated 3D graphics card with a chipset from ATI or nVidia. Currently, powerful graphics chips are also available on mid-range notebooks."

and also,

"Disclaimer: MAXON cannot be held liable for the compatibility of specific graphics cards with the Enhanced OpenGL mode. Due to the amount of possible combinations of graphic chipsets, operating systems and driver revisions, it is impossible to guarantee the operation on all systems. Also, technical specifications in MAXON products are subject to change. Please use the most current demo version of CINEMA 4D oder BodyPaint 3D to test the compatibilty on a specific system."

So, it looks like there isn't support specifically for Intel graphic adapters. Does this mean it's a lost cause?

Like Felix said, I can get it to run when I uninstall the driver, but that's far from ideal. 

Mark_Lenovo
Topics: 412
Kudos: 1,335
Solutions: 288

danallison,

We can look into it...

Thanks for checking with Maxon.  I was hoping for a statement of support so we could work from the position of it being known that it can work...

This is a bit outside my personal area of expertise (CAD / Design packages) but in the discussions we've had here in the past with this sort of software, these OpenGL is most often associated with the dedicated graphics chip, for which there are ISV certified drivers (certified by the software ).   We had some initial issues with the ATI drivers, getting the right ISV versions when the W500 came out, but I've not heard this kind of thing come up with the integrated intel drivers before...

Mark

ThinkPads: S30, T43, X60t, X1, W700ds, IdeaPad Y710, IdeaCentre: A300, IdeaPad K1
Mark Hopkins
Program Manager, Lenovo Social Media (Services)
twitter @lenovoforums
English English Community   Deutsche Deutsche Community   Español Comunidad en Español   ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество
Paper Tape
danallison

Ok. I appreciate your help.