Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
802.11n
JNavas

Re: X220 Eating up my SSD so fast

Daudbros wrote:
While checking Restore System files and setting its stated " System Restore does not appear to be functioning correctly on this system A volume shadow copy 0x80043202"
This could be the cause that what ever updates they are staying in the restore part of the SSD since I can not restore the system any longer please help to rectify this error wonder how serious it is

To fix System Restore:

1. Right-click on Computer, then click Properties.
  2. Click System Protection.
  3. Click on your SSD, then the Configure button.
  4. Click Delete button to delete all Restore Points.
  5. Click Turn off system protection, then click Apply.
  6. Click one of the Restore options, set Max Usage to 1-2 GB, then click OK.

Hope that helps.

Hope that helps,
John
ThinkPad T420s [ i7-2640M CPU | 8GB RAM | 1TB SSD | Bay Battery | BT | Webcam | FR | Win7Pro64 ]
Punch Card
Daudbros

Followed your instructions but to no avail..it remained at 83GB please assist further so kind of you
802.11n
JNavas

[ Edited ]

Daudbros wrote:
Followed your instructions but to no avail..it remained at 83GB please assist further so kind of you

Press blue ThinkVantage button to open Toolbox, then click on Drive Space Manager.

You can then click on the graphic to explore it.

To find out which apps are eating up space, Click Start, enter "%USERPROFILE%\AppData", and press [Enter] to open a Windows Explorer window, then right click on folders to open Properties to see how much space folders are using. Most apps will put their data in the Roaming tree.

UPDATE: A better address for the last paragraph above is "%APPDATA%", which opens the Roaming folder. After exploring Roaming, go up a level to also check Local and LocalLow.

Hope that helps,
John
ThinkPad T420s [ i7-2640M CPU | 8GB RAM | 1TB SSD | Bay Battery | BT | Webcam | FR | Win7Pro64 ]
Punch Card
Daudbros

Here my knowledge about computers deadlocked ,,,,I am not so much familiar with changing or going deeper into the system later regret...I can not find what is going on if you can give you your private email I can send you a print screen so that you could help me further please advise
Punch Card
Daudbros

After defrag i got back lost space now I have 95GB free space thank you for all the help have a nice day
802.11n
JNavas

[ Edited ]

Daudbros wrote:
After defrag i got back lost space now I have 95GB free space thank you for all the help have a nice day

Sounds like your partition is misaligned or TRIM is not working. See Engineering Windows 7.

Hope that helps,
John
Punch Card
Daudbros

Dear JNavas: Just to tell you after couple of days after retriving my lost 10GB again I am back to same scenario I lost 10GB for no reasons at all.. I tried to run defrag but none worked.. Is there any fix for this issue..?
802.11n
JNavas

Daudbros wrote:
Dear JNavas: Just to tell you after couple of days after retriving my lost 10GB again I am back to same scenario I lost 10GB for no reasons at all.. I tried to run defrag but none worked.. Is there any fix for this issue..?

Sorry to hear that. See my suggestions here. LTT Drive Space Manager is a pretty good tool.

Hope that helps,
John
Punch Card
Daudbros

Sir; I am stuck not be fully verst with such deep knonwledge of what you have reccomended...if I am not asking too much can you log remotely into my PC remotely using Team Viewer and check yourself what needs to be checked,...many thanks
802.11n
JNavas

Daudbros wrote:
Sir; I am stuck not be fully verst with such deep knonwledge of what you have reccomended...if I am not asking too much can you log remotely into my PC remotely using Team Viewer and check yourself what needs to be checked,...many thanks

Suggest you first try calling Lenovo Support.

Hope that helps,
John