Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
WWAN
Puppy

X220 WWAN F5521gw does not work after resume from standby mode

[ Edited ]

I noticed that Ericsson F5521gw WWAN module does not work after resume from standby mode. It is listed in Access Connections Fn+F5 dialog but it can not be switched on. I have the latest version of the driver (1.5.2.0), firmware (R3B01) and Access Connections (5.85).

The Wireless Connection Status windows reports 'WAN adapter is not ready'. No errors in Event log. The really strange is that in Network Connection panel the 'Mobile Broadband Connection' is in Enabled state and Duration is counting ...

The problem is always reproducible. Fortunately it works for hibernation at least.

wwan1.png

wwan2.png

Community Moderator
x220forMe

Re: X220 WWAN F5521gw does not work after resume from standby mode

Check out power management option for this modem in Device Manager and turning it off in Access Connections while modem is disconnected.

Do it well, worse becomes itself

Russia flag Русскоязычное Сообщество   English English Community   Deutsche Deutsche Community   Español Comunidad en Español
WWAN
Puppy

x220forMe wrote:
Check out power management option for this modem in Device Manager and turning it off in Access Connections while modem is disconnected.

Did not help.

Paper Tape
martinfr

hi,

did you find a solution for this problem ?

because i have the same problem as you

regards.

WWAN
Puppy

[ Edited ]

martinfr wrote:

did you find a solution for this problem ?

No :smileyfrustrated: But I found more problems with the card like it can not reconnect once the connection is broken without complete reboot. Such bugs makes the WWAN module almost useless.

I can't believe that companies like Lenovo and Ericsson can deliver such buggy product without any fixes. I'm a software developer and I can't imagine I could even get paid for similar software quality provided.

billbolton
Topics: 69
Kudos: 205
Solutions: 105

[ Edited ]

Puppy wrote:
I can't believe that companies like Lenovo and Ericsson can deliver such buggy product without any fixes. I'm a software developer and I can't imagine I could even get paid for similar software quality provided.

I am using a F5521GW in an X220 without any of the problems you are reporting... which suggests that the issue is something to do with how your X220 software load is configured, rather than the device or its drivers.

------------------------------
I don't work for Lenovo
WWAN
Puppy

billbolton wrote:
I am using a F5521GW in an X220 without any of the problems you are reporting... which suggests that the issue is something to do with how your X220 software load is configured, rather than the device or its drivers.

Good to know that. Unfortunately there isn't much option to configure it, just APN. Since there are probably no diagnostic logs for the device we can't find what the problem is. It can be specific to a mobile provider. There are also no error messages in Event log for the device.

Retired Employee
NINE

hi Puppy,

Sorry to hear about issues you're facing. However you might want to give these steps a try.

You'll need to go to the Powermanagment. Select InstantResume on the Global Power Setting tab.Click the Advanced button to configure the time to stay online and select the wireless WAN connections to stay connected to.Save the configuration.

ThinkPad Power Manager is designed to disconnect your notebook computer from wireless WAN connections after you close the lid. The reason is that being connected to wireless WAN connections after closing the computer lid might cause extra expense.

You mayt want to give a try.

Do let me know how it goes.

WWAN
Puppy

[ Edited ]

Thanks but the issue have different conditions and steps:

1. Restart machine (that means no restore from standby or hibernation)

2. Turn on WWAN module and connect

3. Disconnect

still no problem, you can repeat steps 2 and 3 multiple times

4. Go to standby (WWAN was already disconnected and turned off before going to standby)

5. Resume from stanby

6. Try to turn on the WWAN module ... it stays off

Note: Currently I'm not able to reproduce the problem with updated Access Connections 5.92 so this version might have fixed it. But the change history does not state such fix.

What's DOS?
kerubit

Hi,

We have somewhat similiar problems with X220. Altough we still have mainly Windows XP systems and there the latest Access Connections is 5.85. The main problem is the unstability of the 3G connection (WWAN) in general and reconnection failure which need system boot to be fixed. Usually there isn't any notification of the broken connection. Signal strength is good when this occurs. Sometimes connection comes up on it's own after waiting for few minutes.

I have installed all the latest drivers and software regarding WWAN and networking.

Is this a know issue and is there any fix coming for Windows XP systems?