Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Paper Tape
kha7

X220 Wifi Issues

Hello all,

Just bought my X220 a few weeks ago and lately started having issues with the wifi. The wifi tends to loose connection every now and then.  Especially when I stream a video etc. or even just my gmail. I then have to use the diagnose tool and the tool ends up resetting the wifi adapter and then it works...for a while. Any ideas?  Btw, the router is fine, since my Mac does not do this.

- Win 7 Prof version

-Intel Wifi Link 1000

Thanks

Guru
ExJamJus

Re: X220 Wifi Issues

Check in device manager for WLAN and see if the power save option is enabled.
*Non Lenovo employee*

I have a Y2P (i5) ... Feel free to ping me if you want me to test some applications with your Y2P if you have the same model. I don't mind keep doing recovery on it if needed .... =)
Paper Tape
kha7

Already unchecked that but no change.
Token Ring
ccl13

Diagnosis of such kind of problem involves several factors. First of all, I would suggest you to update your Wifi driver to the newest, which is 14.3.0.6. Then, I would say you need to do the same on another laptop with different wifi card to eliminate possible problem on the network side. Lastly you may want to reinstall your OS and try the same on a clean system which will rule out software / firewall induced problem.
---------------------------------------------------------
[2011]X220-4286-CTO(Brand new, hope nothing bad will happen to it...)[2008]X61-7673-CV2(Slipped upon it, but also working)[2002]X31-2672-BCH(Broke screen, but still working!)
Paper Tape
kha7

[ Edited ]

There's got to be more people having this issue?  My sons new Z570 also started having the same problem. Seems to me it's a windows 7 problem. I have tried turning off the firewall, but no difference. I tried updatiing the wifi adapter driver and it says it's up to date, I have moved very close to the wifi router and still same issue.  It always happens when I start streaming something or visit a website that downloaads a lot page data. Is there a lenovo help desk number? I have a 3-yr warranty on the darn thing!

PS. I have an old xp desktop and a iMac that have NO issues like this. It's defintely not the router (Airport Extreme).

Token Ring
ccl13

From your problem I guess it should be a problem with your OS or some software. Since we had the same configuration here (X220 with Win 7 working under Airport Extreme), no same problem seen. Please check other software, like access connection, and some other network related ones. They could be working against your system's stability. But however I think you can ask for a repair from your local Lenovo support? They would be happy to replace your laptop's Wifi I think.
---------------------------------------------------------
[2011]X220-4286-CTO(Brand new, hope nothing bad will happen to it...)[2008]X61-7673-CV2(Slipped upon it, but also working)[2002]X31-2672-BCH(Broke screen, but still working!)