Support in other languages: 
Token Ring
Zcool31

X220 autocad trackpoint scrolling

Hello, everyone!

I'm having an issue with zooming inside autocad using the center mouse button on the laptop and the trackpoint. Whenever I try to zoom using the trackpoint, my drawing disappears and the entire autocad window seems to move up or down. Using the mousewheel on a USB mouse works just fine.

Research about this issue reveals that it has been common for thinkpads since at least the T60, but all such questions go unanswered.

Please tell me if there is a way to use the trackpoint to zoom and pan. I'd really like to enjoy the benefit of not having to take my hands off the keyboard to use the mouse.

Token Ring
Zcool31

Re: X220 autocad trackpoint scrolling

Is there any solution to this problem out there? This is reasonably important for me.

topmahof
Topics: 36
Kudos: 337
Solutions: 227

http://www.ehow.com/how_7489741_adjust-ultranav-thinkpad.html

This is the only way I know of to adjust it.

Dave

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!
If someone helped you today, pay it forward. Help Someone Else!
Token Ring
Zcool31

Sorry, Dave, but that did not fix it for me.

It seems that AutoCAD expects raw MouseWheelUP, MouseWheelDOWN, and MB3 inputs from a normal mouse scroll wheel.

Ultranav, on the other hand, seems to send specific "ScrollUp" and "ScrollDown" events tailored to the windows UI.

Is there any way to fix this? I'd like to be able to use the middle trackpoint button as both the scroll wheel and the middle mouse button. It would be really nice if I could do this with existing tools.

I'd also be happy to write my own driver to handle this if you could provide the documentation that I need.

topmahof
Topics: 36
Kudos: 337
Solutions: 227

http://www.synaptics.com/support/drivers

I might be way off base here, but isn't ultranav just rebranded synaptics?  I know that it used to be that installing the generic synaptics drivers would make the trackpad behave more like a generic mouse.  If ultranav "is" rebranded synaptics, then there is some documentation on the synaptics site that might provide some answers.

Dave

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!
If someone helped you today, pay it forward. Help Someone Else!
Guru
ColonelONeill

Maybe try the smooth scrolling setting for the TrackPoint?
W520: i7-2720QM, Q2000M at 1090/695/1390, 22GB RAM, 500GB HDD, FHD screen
TPT1: 1839-23U, stock ICS
X61T: L7500, 3GB RAM, 500GB HDD, XGA screen, Ultrabase
Paper Tape
Horek

I have W520 and facing the same problem. it's quite disappointing. with my old laptop i had no problems at all. I wish anyone will find a solution for that

Paper Tape
juraj5

[ Edited ]

Hey Zcool. There's a program called tpmiddle which makes short clicks of the middle button register as middle mouse clicks when ultranav is set to standard scroll.

I have sent feedback to autodesk about this zooming issue and they said they will look into it. If you know more about this bug(that difference you mentioned between raw hardware scroll and windows events which ultranav sends) you could let this engineer know: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Moderator note; e-mail address of third party removed to stop the spambots getting it

Paper Tape
juraj5

Hey moderator, don't you have anything better to do?! :manfrustrated:

That engineer posts his mail in public over at the Autodesk's site. So here's a post of his on their forum with his email address: http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/forums/forumtopicprintpage/board-id/407/message-id/860/print-single-me...

andyP
Topics: 182
Kudos: 711
Solutions: 631

That's their choice in their forum, in this forum we do not post email addresses from ourselves or third parties.

Understood?!

Andy  

Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel solved your question as the solution, it earns the member + points

Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by clicking on the star to the left awarding them Kudos
Please add your type, model number and OS to your signature, it helps to help you. Forum Search Option

T430 2347-G7U W8 x64, Tablet 1838-2BG, T61p 6460-67G W7 x64, T43p 2668-G2G XP, T23 2647-9LG XP, plus a few more.
FYI Unsolicited Personal Messages will be ignored.

de.gif  Deutsche Community   es.gif  Comunidad en Español  uk.gif  English Community

PepperonI blog