Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
What's DOS?
Chowcow

X220: bluetooth 3.0 card - Lenovo Ordering problem

[ Edited ]

Hey guys, 

I need help with a major issue that I truly believe to be a Lenovo side error.

I recently ordered a X220 laptop with a bunch of add-ons, one of them, the bluetooth 3.0 card. I'm completely positive that I checked the option, but I received the option without a bluetooth function. Now, bluetooth is extremely important to me and all non-OEM cards are $100. How do I go about getting a bluetooth card in my x220? If I ask Lenovo to do so, I'm positive I'll be charged the 15% restocking fee, which will run me more than $100. I feel like an idiot for not checking my order after punching in my credit card, but it happend. 

I'm 100% positive that I clicked bluetooth during my order and didn't receive it. My order says I didn't order it, and thus means I didn't pay for it. Bluetooth is a do or die thing for my laptop, if I don't have it, this laptop is useless to me. What can I do? 

Also, If I'm forced to pay for the 15% restocking fee, when I re-order, will my coupon code that I used (Now expired) be applicable?

Thanks for everyones help!

Moderator Note: Edited subject to match content.

802.11n
RichardW

Re: Lenovo Ordering problem

A Bluetooth card is relatively easy to install. Look at the downloadable Hardware Maintenance Manual. It shouldn't be necessary to return the laptop and place a new order. You can purchase a Lenovo bluetooth card and install it yourself, or send the laptop to depot service (at your expense). As a new laptop purchase, you might be able to negotiate a reasonable price to add Bluetooth.

As for the order transaction, consider looking at this from the Lenovo side (or really, any business). They had received an order, sent it back to the customer to verify, and it was approved. That process protects both the customer and the business. As far as they are concerned, they had an order and filled it correctly but the customer came back and says they didn't really mean to approve the order. Seems a bit unfair.

Possibly you had clicked on the option but the browser might have been busy and it didn't register, or any number of other circumstances. At this point nobody can know what really happened but the bottom line is that you had an opportunity to verify your order both on-screen and afterwards. After I ordered, I was e-mailed an order number and link for checking order status. I did click on the link to verify the options, shipping address, billing amount, etc.

Paper Tape
soccers56

Re: X220: bluetooth 3.0 card - Lenovo Ordering problem

Did you ever do anything to get bluetooth in your laptop?  

I have an x220t that I've had for a few months that I ordered without bluetooth, because I never used it on my old laptops.  I just got a pair of bluetooth headphones as a gift so I wish I had bluetooth now.  Is there any way I can send it back to Lenovo and have them install the bluetooth card?  Anyone know how much that would cost?  The only other option would be to use a little USB-bluetooth adapter, which I'm not a big fan of.  

Paper Tape
lswinford

Was this question ever answered? I have an X220 I need to add a Bluetooth 3.0 card to, but I see no way to be able to order this item.

Hiro
Kudos: 88
Solutions: 22

[ Edited ]

Hey lswinford and soccers56,

The Bluetooth card you want is Bluetooth daughter card (BDC-2.1) part number 60Y3271 which you can see from the link below works in a x220. You can also get Bluetooth daughter card (BDC-2.1) part number 60Y3275.

http://support.lenovo.com/en_US/product-and-parts/detail.page?DocID=PD013599

Best Regards,

Hiro

Did you find a post Awesome? A response just Outstanding? Kudo them!
Did the post you read answer your question? Did someone help you figure out your problem? Hit Solution Provided and give that person a pat on the back for helping you out!
Paper Tape
lswinford

Will an Intel 6230 work in an X220, which would add both WiFi and Bluetooth with the same card?

Hiro

Hey Iswinford,

You should be fine, I couldn't find anything ether way and the only way to be sure would to be order one myself and put it into my x220 XD. Yet like I said I couldn't find any documentation that would say it wouldn't and all my compatibility lists are for lenovo products. Yet as other people have add that card to other models of Lenovo products I would suggest you keep your box make sure you can return it  and give it a go.

Best Regards,

Hiro

Did the post you read answer your question? Did someone help you figure out your problem? Hit Solution Provided and give that person a pat on the back for helping you out!
goretsky
Topics: 19
Kudos: 357
Solutions: 143

Hello,

I searched eBay for the two SKUs mentioned, and they seem to start at about $25.00 USD.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

I am a volunteer and neither a Lenovo nor a Microsoft employee. • Dexter is a good dog • Dexter je dobrý pes
S230u (3347-4HU)X220 (4286-CTO)W510 (4318-CTO)W530 (2441-4R3)X100e (3508-CTO)X120e (0596-CTO)T61p (6459-CTO)T43p (2678-H7U)T42 (2378-R4U)T23 (2648-LU7)
de.gif  Deutsche Community es.gif  Comunidad en Español ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество
Paper Tape
lswinford

I installed the Intel 6230 card, and when the X220 booted up I got this error:

"1802: Unauthorized network card is plugged in

- Power off and remove the miniPCI network card

(8086/0091/8086/5201)"

I replaced the RealTek card that was originally in the X220, the system had no errors at boot, and the system's wifi is operable again.

Is this a BIOS compatibility issue?

I need to know:

1) what Intel Centrino miniPCI card is really compatible with the X220, and

2) how/what to order to add Bluetooth with a separate card, since apparently I can't add a Wifi/Bluetooth combo card.

Hiro

Re: X220: Bluetooth 3.0 card - Lenovo Ordering problem

Hey Iswinford,

The error you got was indeed a BIOS error and was saying that you couldn't use that card with your X220. We don't have a white list of cards you can use and I can only suggest Lenovo products.

I have a link to service parts for your X220:

http://support.lenovo.com/en_US/product-and-parts/detail.page?DocID=PD013599

You can find your Wifi cards and Bluetooth daughter cards in the above link and below are examples of them both.

Example: ThinkPad b/g/n Wireless (1x1 BGN) Parts # 60Y3247

Example:  Bluetooth daughter card (BDC-2.1) Part # 60Y3271

You can try to find a third party vendor to purchase these but that is your choice if you wish to do so. If you have any other questions please post back.

Best Regards,

Hiro