Support in other languages: 
Retired Employee
JameZ

Re: X220 display frame bends in sun light

@Evan and der72,

Get the laptop sent into service for them to fix it.

//JameZ

Check out the Community Knowledge Base for hints and tips.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

W520 | 4176-38U | i7 - 2720QM | Quardo 1000M | 8GB RAM | 60GB OCZ Agility 3

WWAN
Puppy

[ Edited ]

Is there any fix for that ? I've just noticed it on my new X220 :smileysad: I left it closed on my desk this morning. Do I have to protect it from sunlight ? The machine is just two days old. My old X31 has been on the same place for several years and no bezel problem at all.

Another issues: key B on the keyboard get stuck (fortunately cleaning by air helped), middle trackpoint button almost stopped to work after one day of usage (you have to press the button hard now to generate the click), fan is constantly running even with no CPU usage (X31 is always silent)  ... Otherwise no serious issues yet.

Paper Tape
Shirah

I had same thing happen yesterday with my new X220 - 10 minutes in the sun and the frame warped. Today it is 95% back to flat. Never happened with my T42. Frustrating - is it potentially damaging to the innards by letting in dust now that frame is not completely flat?  there be any resolution of this?

WWAN
Puppy

[ Edited ]

I'm waiting whether anyone confirms that it no longer happens with X230 display frame.  I guess the X230 frame is similar to X220 one so it would be possible to use it as replacement.

My X220 was built Mar/2012 and still have the issue so it does not make sense to replace it with similar one because there is probably no new revision of it for X220. It would happen over and over again.

PEZ
Blue Screen Again
PEZ

So was this the case with the X230 as well?