Support in other languages: 
What's DOS?
ws_x220

Re: X220 - no post and green light around power button flashes every 3 - 4 second

Mark,

How do I reach you?

I have an X220 that has been waiting for a system board since Jan 23 here in Canada. It has been in the shop for longer than I had it.

I have an open repair ticket. I just spoke with the local tech and he said he had absolutely no idea when the board would come in.

Please escalate this !!!

Walter

Fanfold Paper
jotero

Re: X220 - no post and green light around power button flashes every 3 - 4 second

Hi: Add me to the list of people suffering from this. My two months x220 was serviced and changed the motherboard TWICE during repairment,ie without returning it to me (Some one messed up things??!!). After two weeks or so, today, it is bricked again, unable to wake up after suspend. Power button and fingerprint reader leds blink alternately (a couple of times power, once fingerprintreader) and then absolutely nothing else. Lenovo Spain is being reluctant to change again the MB and coerces me to test the laptop with a second AC adapter, I'm trying to borrow one from somebody at work. Regards
What's DOS?
david987

I have the same issue. Opened a support ticket and the part, motherboard in this case, is in back order (7 days estimate). I have had the laptop for two weeks.

I find this whole situation embarassing. These laptops are supposed to be the 'ultimate business tool' and it's quite obvious they haven't been thoroughly tested.

People are still willing to pay a premium to go with Lenovo due to the reputation IBM gave the brand years ago. Unless businesses receive premium support and priority on these parts, I don't see how they could justify doing business wtih Lenovo. Perhaps it's just us, the individuals, who get the shaft in these situations.

Complaining here is quite futile as moderators on these forums are very much like middle managers - they are sh**-umbrellas who cover for the failures rooted in upper management.

Folks, if they really cared about this they would have sent you a new laptop and swap/re-image the hard drives to prevent data loss. The sad reality is they don't - they got your money and while they are figuring out ways to keep it in their pockets, you'll be sitting there in front of a defective laptop with a thumb up your *** for several weeks.

Happy valentines day.

Punch Card
fsck0ff

Well, after asking again today, I still don't have any ETA when Lenovo will send the replacement mainboard to the repair shop.

According to the guys there, Lenovo still hasn't shipped the replacement... it's already four weeks since it's ordered. I understand that the market in the Czech Republic is smaller then US but you cannot ship one item for four weeks?!?!?

If I don't get my laptop in working condition on Monday next week (30 days in repairs), I am going to ask for cash refund and spend my money on something else.

Punch Card
corelement

Wow this is really scary and sad, it's putting me off lenovo. I have a q4 2011 x220 too. I'm scared this will happen to me too and I live in india and bought the laptop in the US. 

Punch Card
corelement

[ Edited ]

@ kvalvik

Mine is a 4286 aswell what is your model number?

andyP
Topics: 182
Kudos: 711
Solutions: 631

Please DO NOT post serial numbers in open forum. Posting serial numbers could lead to abuse of those numbers by dishonest people.

Andy  

Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel solved your question as the solution, it earns the member + points

Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by clicking on the star to the left awarding them Kudos
Please add your type, model number and OS to your signature, it helps to help you. Forum Search Option

T430 2347-G7U W8 x64, Tablet 1838-2BG, T61p 6460-67G W7 x64, T43p 2668-G2G XP, T23 2647-9LG XP, plus a few more.
FYI Unsolicited Personal Messages will be ignored.

de.gif  Deutsche Community   es.gif  Comunidad en Español  uk.gif  English Community

PepperonI blog 

What's DOS?
alibek_ch

ve been through this topic couple of times, while waiting for my x220 to arrive. the google directs here from the search of "how to check the mb serial", so...w'd appreciate if anyone can help me out with these: 1.how do you check the serial on of mb? does aida work? 2.is this issue only relevant for x220 or does this also span across x220tablets?

Punch Card
kvalvik

Update:

I got mine back today -- within 10 days, I expected them to be quicker, but I guess that's acceptable.They replaced the system board. In Japan, IBM is still doing the service for Lenovo.

My model number starts with R9, as a few others' here.

Good luck everybody

Punch Card
fsck0ff

A quick update from me - I got my x220 on friday - full 28 days in repairs... So far it seems to be working fine.