Support in other languages: 
Blue Screen Again
martynhaigh

X220 options

Hi,

Was wondering if someone could help me out - I'm thinking of buying a X220 but having troubles with some of the options, and thought that someone may be able to help me.

1 Power cord - the options are as below, but I can't find anywhere that tells me which is which.  Is the EU generic a pack for the different countries? What does "WWAN enabled" mean? (I'm in the UK - so don't want to get the EU pack if it doesn't also do UK)

• Country Pack United Kingdom with Line cord & 65W AC adapter
  • Country Pack EU Generic (WWAN enabled) with Line cord and 65W AC adapter

2 SSD - do Lenovo offer a bigger SSD drive if I call them up?  When I ordered my last laptop (Dell), they had options availble which weren't listed on the site

3, When I first looked at the site Lenovo were offering the 'slice' battery - the one which covers the entire bottom of the laptop .  Looking now it's not there - is there any reason for this?  I think I can still order it in the store, but I'm worried that they removed it for a reason.  (it is the 'ThinkPad Battery 19+ (6 cell slice)', right?)

Also - I know the x220 doesn't have a backlit keyboard (shame) but I read somewhere that it has a light that you can turn on which shines down on the keyboard.  Is there any truth to this?

Thanks

Martyn

Blue Screen Again
martynhaigh

Re: X220 options

bump - anyone?

Punch Card
SR45

[ Edited ]

X220 has a Thinklight that you can activate by clicking on the Fn key (lower left hand of the keyboard) and the PgUp key in the upper right hand of the keyboard.  It will shine a small light onto the keyboard.  Some like it and some do not.  I like it myself

What ever the SSD is offered on the sales site is what Lenovo will over only.  You can get the lowest and cheapest Hdd drive if you wish and purchase a larger SSD later that many are doing now.

Question regarding the power cord will have to be answered by someone in the know... Sorry

Slice battery pack removed from the sales site could mean it's back ordered or another reason.  Give it time and it may show up again

ThinkPad X220 i7 | 8 Gb ram | 320 Gb Hdd 7200 rpm | 6 Cell
Fanfold Paper
phxomega

Light does shine on the keyboard from where the camera is (mid-top section of the monitor). I think a small light was installed just for this.
Punch Card
catalog

I too am thinking about buying a X220. I see that there is no mention of the "slice" battery on the UK Lenovo website. Does anyone know if the option has been discontinued?

thanks

Paul

Blue Screen Again
martynhaigh

Nope - it's still there - I think you have to look in the store as it's listed separately. Their website, nor customer service, is very good. Sorry Lenovo - it's true!
Punch Card
catalog

Thanks martynhaigh. Yep, you are right, I found it on the Lenovo site via google.