Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Blue Screen Again
danrl

X220 successor?

When will there be a refresh of the x220-model? Usually there is a refresh about once a year i guess :smileyhappy:

Most important question: Do we have the chance to get back the 1440x900 panels in the X-series? I have a x200s to replace, but I won't go for a lower resolution since it would mean making a step backwards. Why were these panels stopped in the first place?

Guru
HiVolt

Re: X220 successor?

Probably when Ivy Bridge chips come out.

I would definitely upgrade my X220 to a newer model if they had a higher resolution screen, but still IPS of course.
---------------------
| X220 i7-2620M | 12.5" IPS | Intel 520 Series 180GB Main SSD | Mushkin 120GB mSATA SSD | 8GB RAM | Intel 6205 WiFi | BT | Win7 Pro 64 SP1 |
Punch Card
thinkfly

I will definitely upgrade if the successor has physical buttons for the touchpad, and a higher resolution.

Guru
HiVolt

Touchpad doesn't matter to me, in fact I've had it disabled since day one. But on a few occasions I've had people use my laptop, and I turned on the touchpad, and they were less than impressed. I just told them to click with the above buttons which are meant for the trackpoint.
---------------------
| X220 i7-2620M | 12.5" IPS | Intel 520 Series 180GB Main SSD | Mushkin 120GB mSATA SSD | 8GB RAM | Intel 6205 WiFi | BT | Win7 Pro 64 SP1 |
Punch Card
thinkfly

HiVolt wrote:
Touchpad doesn't matter to me, in fact I've had it disabled since day one. But on a few occasions I've had people use my laptop, and I turned on the touchpad, and they were less than impressed. I just told them to click with the above buttons which are meant for the trackpoint.

The trackpoint is great for use while typing, however it still has the problem of feedback calibration, i.e. if I keep moving the cursor towards one direction for a while, the cursor would move backwards for a while upon releasing the trackpoint. This is annoying. Moreover, it's not agile at all compared against the touchpad.

Guru
HiVolt

I guess it's whatever a person prefers... My trackpoint doesnt wonder, thankfully.

I very much dislike button-less touchpads, and especially this one on the x220 since it has a strange "double clutch" action where it's like a half press and nothing happens, then you press it again for a button click to register.
---------------------
Punch Card
motomandk

Now this thread has become a pro/con of the button-lees touchpad i will state my opinion.

I like the touchpad as it is, i don't have to move the fingers or try to find any button.  IF i - for some reason - want to use a button, i just use the ones above the touchpad.

/Henrik - Denmark
X220 - i7-2620, 8GB, 128GB Samsung 830 SSD (I just LOVE my X220!)
Blue Screen Again
danrl

I could live with a disabled trackpad, as long as I don't have to step backwards regarding the display resolution.

This is now a x220 wish-thread :smileyhappy:

Fanfold Paper
swinchester4

HiVolt wrote:

Yeah, I just use the "Trackpoint buttons" as they are super soft and quiet. But I would NEVER by the computer if it didn't have the soft Trackpoint Buttons.

WWAN
Puppy

HiVolt wrote:
I would definitely upgrade my X220 to a newer model if they had a higher resolution screen, but still IPS of course.

I'm also wondering whether a new model offers higher resolution and IPS panel.

Don't get me wrong but based on past experience with Lenovo (T series), could somebody from Lenovo please confirm, that the IPS display option (at least for the current 1366x768 resolution) will continue to be available in the next model ?