Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Paper Tape
bdivers

X220 switched itself off and now won't start

Hi,

Unfortunately Lenovo customer service is closed now so will have to wait until tomorrow, I can't find anything similar in the forums so creating new thread.

I was using my X220 checking e-mails and after a couple of minutes it suddenly powered down.

Each time I try and turn it back on again the keyboard light flickers on for a moment, the finger print reader comes to life and then about a second later it all powers back off again.

I've tried running it without the battery and it won't even do anything when the power button is pushed. If its just the battery connected and not the mains then it does as I described above.

Does anyone have any thoughts on what it could be - either a known problem or more likely a dud laptop? I've had it for 4 months so far though and its been great.

Cheers,

Ben

Punch Card
stepper

Re: X220 switched itself off and now won't start

[ Edited ]

Long shot question but did you happen to visit Piratebay dot com recently?

Similar symptoms arrose on my computer soon after I had attempted (but failed) to participate in illegal software pirating activity. lol

Paper Tape
bdivers

Hi no all software on it is legit. How did you get yours to switch back on again?

Mine is still showing the symptoms of keyboard light flashing very briefly then powering straight back down. :smileysad:
Guru
ColonelONeill

stepper wrote:

Long shot question but did you happen to visit Piratebay dot com recently?

Similar symptoms arrose on my computer soon after I had attempted (but failed) to participate in illegal software pirating activity. lol

wat. Haven't heard of any significant hardware viruses recently.

@bdivers,

Can you try removing the RAM and HDD then trying to boot it?

W520: i7-2720QM, Q2000M at 1090/695/1390, 22GB RAM, 500GB HDD, FHD screen
TPT1: 1839-23U, stock ICS
X61T: L7500, 3GB RAM, 500GB HDD, XGA screen, Ultrabase
Paper Tape
bdivers

Hi, yeah have tried removing both - it doesn't even get to post screen. Within about 1/2 a second of switching on it goes straight back off again. Thanks for suggestion though.