Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Fanfold Paper
syrious
Accepted Solution

X220 - unexpected error occurred (rc=9)

Hi All,

Just received 2 new X220 thinkpads - I'm attempting to burn factory recovery disks on a lenovo USB multifunction cd/dvd drive.

I receive the 'error unexpected error occurred (rc=9)' when attempting to burn the disks - I came across another forum suggesting that the first disk is a CD and the rest should be DVD - This worked to burn the recovery media - however when I inserted a DVD to continue the rest of the recovery media I receive the afore mentioned error.

I have gotten 1 of them to complete a full set of disks - 4 in total.  The other one, no such luck.

Anyone else out there having similar issues?

- Chad

Community SuperMod
bananaman

Re: X220 - unexpected error occurred (rc=9)

Hi syrious!

I got that error too! It turned out to be bad media. I tried a new pack of DVD's and it went away.

Hope this helps!

I don't work for Lenovo. I'm a crazy volunteer!
What's DOS?
henk1987

I have same problem. Did you do backup immediately or after instaling 3rd party software? I am wondering if daemon tools causes error. I remember that after clicking on Q disk, recovery window appears. Now I need to use recovery creator from start menu.

Is any possibility to get recovery disk from lenovo for free?

Blue Screen Again
johny12fingers

Hi, same problem here - any dolutions beside contacting Lenovo reseller? Any ideas from Lenovo?

What's DOS?
jacobw125

Same here - any solutions yet?

Fanfold Paper
lesiog

Hello Guys 

Seems to be I have found solution after I noticed that my usb cd-rom always lost connection with computer just before finalizing disc.  So all what i did ... i just plug additional power from USB to my ICY BOX (it can work without adding power to it) and after all i was able to finish creating my Recovery Media. Hopefully it will helps. It does for me good luck.