Support in other languages: 
Guru
HiVolt

Re: X220 very slow reconnecting to WiFi when resuming from sleep

d3j452 wrote:

Beside myself, has anyone noticed a significant lack of interest in this problem by Lenovo?

Or I could just be paranoid <g>

I guess not enough of a stink being made about it?

---------------------
| X220 i7-2620M | 12.5" IPS | Intel 520 Series 180GB Main SSD | Mushkin 120GB mSATA SSD | 8GB RAM | Intel 6205 WiFi | BT | Win7 Pro 64 SP1 |
What's DOS?
thinkpad-w-user

I just found this thread while doing a search, and after reading the thread, felt I should add my case as well.  I'm a W510 user, and I know this is an "X Series Thinkpad Laptops" forum, but considering peole were reporting this problem across different models of the same series, I figured it would be worth adding the fact that this is happening in different series laptops as well.  To me, that definitely highlights the fact that it's most likely a software issue, but the question still remains as to what's causing the problem.  I would like to add as well that my computer does this when powering up now in addition to resuming from sleep:

1. Power up the computer or resume from sleep
  2. Observe tray icon with green bars highlighted showing a connection, but the wifi icon has a red "crossed out" icon over it.
  3. Either wait random amount of time for red crossed out icon to go away, or right-click->highlight desired network->manually click connect and initiate popup-window showing process of connecting to the network and obtaining an IP address.
Retired Employee
NINE

Hi all,

Was reading through the thread and there may be something i'd like you to try. Could you possibly go to the "Network Sharing Centre" > Click on "Change Adapter settings" (Located on the Right Pane) > Highlight Wireless Network connections and right click it > Select Properties > In the "Networking" Tab, Click on the "Configure" Button > Then Click the "PowerManagement" Tab > Uncheck the the section where it states "Allow the computer to Turn of this device to save power". 

I beLieve that could be issue there that is causing the slow connectivity. Do give it a shot and let me know. I'll try to dive further for you to see what's causing it.

regards

Retired Employee
NINE

Hi all,

Just wanted to check if you have theried my suggested fix. Has it worked out so far? 

Do let me know,

Regards

sir
Punch Card
sir

[ Edited ]

New to this thread, but I have the exact same issue on my x200s. It has persisted across multiple windows7 installs and multiple wireless routers. I feel like there was a time in which it would resume almost instantly, but after a driver update or something it hasn't worked since.

I have the same issue where it connects immediately upon resume (and I'll even get new emails), but then disconnect immediately after that and take 15 seconds or so to reconnect.

UNchecking "Allow the computer to Turn of this device to save power" actually appears to make the problem worse, and it takes even longer to reconnect.

Paper Tape
tejrl

I HAD this problem. I solved it by uninstalling Lenovo's wireless manager software along with Intel's. Let Windows deal with wireless connections.

What's DOS?
loehnsberg

There appear to be three ways to fix it:

1) Turning off the power save when going into sleep mode did not work for me, beacause it was turned off. On my configuration it was turned off, so this option was out of the question.

2) Running the ThinkVantage System Update. This didn't do it either. All drivers were up to date.

3) Unistalling the ThinkVantage Access Connections Tool as well as the Intel Driver. This worked perfectly!!! Thanks a lot to the previous poster.

sir
Punch Card
sir

Yep. I can confirm uninstalling the Intel ProSet wireless drivers solved this problem for me as well.
Fanfold Paper
christosl

Google brought me to this thread. I have a X1 running Windows 7 (64-bit) experiencing the same problem.

I wanted to say that I disabled the power-saving option and uninstall Intel Pro. And that seems to have done the trick (do not have Thinkvantage Access installed).

Thanks for your help!

Paper Tape
JPXusked

Hi,

I'm curious.  If you uninstall and remove the drivers - which driver is the adapter using? Can you please take a look and post the "working drivers".

Thanks

-Joe