Support in other languages: 
802.11n
JNavas
Accepted Solution

X220 webcam camera is poor!

[ Edited ]

I wasn't expecting stellar image quality from the integrated webcam camera on the ThinkPad X220, but I was expecting at least decent image quality, on par with other notebook computers, and I find the image quality to be very disappointing, best described as poor. Reviewers have also seen and commented on poor image quality (e.g., Lenovo ThinkPad X220 reviewed – adored for a bunch of reasons), so I assume this is due to poor hardware and/or software, not just a defect in my particular machine. Has anyone found any way to improve the image quality? Thanks.

Hope that helps,
John
ThinkPad T420s [ i7-2640M CPU | 8GB RAM | 1TB SSD | Bay Battery | BT | Webcam | FR | Win7Pro64 ]
Fanfold Paper
underst0rm

Re: X220 webcam camera is poor!

Webcam quality is also poor under Linux - so it's probably just crapy hardware...

802.11n
JNavas

Re: X220 webcam camera is poor!

[ Edited ]

underst0rm wrote:

Webcam quality is also poor under Linux - so it's probably just crapy hardware...

I just noticed that there was some serious residue on my webcam camera lens (probably came that way from the factory), and after thoroughly cleaning it off with pre-moistened lens wipes, my image quality is now much improved, to the point that I now consider it decent, so try cleaning your webcam camera lens.

Hope that helps,
John
ThinkPad T420s [ i7-2640M CPU | 8GB RAM | 1TB SSD | Bay Battery | BT | Webcam | FR | Win7Pro64 ]