Support in other languages: 
Ctrl-Alt-Del
visconde_piraja

X220 wireless doesn't work for up to a minute when resuming from sleep or hibernate

Hello all. I have an X220 with 6201, latest drivers downloaded from the Lenovo site. Whenever I sleep or hibernate, when I resume computer (on Win7) I get either a litte red x or a little glowing orb on my wireless connection, which indicates "Wireless not connected - Connections are available".  But I can't connect for up to a minute!! If I leave it alone it will connect on its own. What is going on, this is really becoming a problem!

billbolton
Topics: 68
Kudos: 167
Solutions: 103

Re: X220 wireless doesn't work for up to a minute when resuming from sleep or hibernate

visconde_piraja wrote:

this is really becoming a problem!

If you can't afford to wait a minute of so to reconnect, then use Fn+F5 to turn off all wireless devices before you hibernate and use it again to to switch them back on when you power up again.

Cheers,

Bill

------------------------------
I don't work for Lenovo
Ctrl-Alt-Del
visconde_piraja

Re: X220 wireless doesn't work for up to a minute when resuming from sleep or hibernate

Really? That's your answer?  I am identifying a problem that does not occur with any other laptops I use, nor with a smartphone running Android for example.  Therefore it is a problem, and the problem does lie with the Thinkpad. I would like a helpful solution rather than an enjoinder to just wait.

lead_org
Topics: 128
Kudos: 1,249
Solutions: 1,339

There should be something that is called instant resume.

http://forums.lenovo.com/t5/T400-T500-and-newer-T-series/Configuring-Instant-Resume/ta-p/389073

switch that on and it should resolve the issue (well to a certain extent).
Regards,

Jin Li

May this year, be the year of 'DO'!

I am a volunteer, and not a paid staff of Lenovo or Microsoft
billbolton
Topics: 68
Kudos: 167
Solutions: 103

[ Edited ]

visconde_piraja wrote:

I would like a helpful solution.....

:smileyvery-happy:

Clearly not!

------------------------------
I don't work for Lenovo
Ctrl-Alt-Del
visconde_piraja

Thanks for the helpful tip! I'll try it out.