Support in other languages: 
Fanfold Paper
carrme

X220i wireless radio and hotkeys won't work after hibernation

I just bought an X220i laptop. I've spent a weekend downloading updates and drivers and searching the forum and support site, but I have two unresolved issues. Once I bring the computer back from hibernation, the wireless radio is off and will not turn back on. I can bring up the dialogue box, click the "turn on" button, and nothing happens. The only way to restor the wireless connection is to reboot the machine.

A related, but less frustrating, problem is that after hibernation, none of the hotkeys work. Again, rebooting is required to use any hotkey functions. Both of these problems occur after hibernation mode only. They do not happen when the laptop recovers from sleep mode. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Guru
ColonelONeill

Re: X220i wireless radio and hotkeys won't work after hibernation

Are you using the preloaded Windows 7?

Can you try running System Update (search in the Start menu) and having it update your drivers?
W520: i7-2720QM, Q2000M at 1099/688/1377, 22GB RAM, 500GB HDD, FHD screen
TPT1: 1839-23U, stock ICS
X61T: L7500, 3GB RAM, 500GB HDD, XGA screen, Ultrabase
Fanfold Paper
carrme

Thanks, Colonel. I am running the preloaded Windows 7, and I've already run System Update. (That seemed to fix my trackpad issues). Yesterday I called support and downloaded power management driver updates on their suggestion. That hasn't fixed it either. I'll have to call them back this morning.

802.11n
JNavas

[ Edited ]

ColonelONeill wrote:
Are you using the preloaded Windows 7?
Can you try running System Update (search in the Start menu) and having it update your drivers?

Unfortunately, System Update often fails to offer the latest versions available, a serious problem.

(See BUG: System Update fails to offer latest versions of some components)

So after running System Update, be sure to check Drivers and software - ThinkPad X220, X220 Tablet, X220i, X220i Tablet (MIGR-77280) and manually install whatever was missed by System Update.

Hope that helps,
John
ThinkPad T420s [ i5-2540M CPU | 8GB RAM | 1TB SSD | Bay Battery | BT | Webcam | FR | Win7Pro64 ]
Fanfold Paper
carrme

Thanks everyone for the suggestions. I've tried everything here. I've also called support two times and done everything they suggested. At this point, support has requested that I mail the computer back. They are going to reimage the hard drive. Hopefully that fixes the problem. It's hugely frustrating to have this kind of problem with a brand-new machine. That said, I'm very impressed with Lenovo support. Fingers crossed that I'll have a working machine within the next few weeks.

What's DOS?
tallboy

Hello

I have the exactly same issue with my new X220. The wireless radio and hotkeys fail to turn on after hibernation. Please let me know if you got the issue resolved or do i need to contact customer support ?

I appreciate your help very much

thanks

What's DOS?
Pygmoid

Same exact problem here too. X220 delivered on 8/15. If Lenovo requests that I mail back this laptop for reimaging then they can keep it.