Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Punch Card
Werewolf

Re: X230 picture

MarcXW wrote:

Some useless keys have been removed and that is it.

PgUp and PgDown placement on new chiclet keyboards feels just... wrong.

Punch Card
ahumeniy

HiVolt wrote:

I agree, it would be interesting. I for one would love a more classic looking one, with a 16:10 screen vs 16:9, good resolution in the 12-13" format, an option NOT to have a touchpad as I disable it permanently and use trackpoint exclusively, etc...

I personally, would preffer a 4:3 display, but we should blame the screen manufacturers for selling us smaller screens at the same price.

HiVolt wrote:

I also liked the old hinged style lid, as well as the angled screen edges that would "interlock" with the bottom to form a somewhat of a seal. I dont know to describe it but it was like that on my old T21 and I imagine in many TP's since.

I also liked the angled screen edges.

HiVolt wrote:

IMO the classic Thinkpad series like T & X  are laptops are for people who want the productivity, reliability and toughness, they dont need bling and stuff. Lenovo already has a line of "consumer" laptops and those are just fine for the everyday folks.

I absolutely agree with you.

WWAN
Puppy

Yes, Lenovo did it :smileyfrustrated:

No keyboard ... no ThinkPad. This crappy substitution of keyboard does not deserve to have ThinkPad logo next to it. Name it MacPad if you have to copy every single stupid idea from that company.

Now I understand why price of X220 has raised 10% up over here. It is the last X ThinkPad, if the picture is not a fake.

Guru
HiVolt

ahumeniy wrote:
I personally, would preffer a 4:3 display, but we should blame the screen manufacturers for selling us smaller screens at the same price.

4:3 would make the laptop too square... 16:10 is a good compromise, can still get good vertical pixel resolution and have the extra widescreen space...

16:9 on computers is just stupid, and especially these ridiculously low  resolutions of 768 vertical pixels... It makes the laptops obnoxiously wide as well. these 15.6" laptops nowadays are huge, and often come with this garbage 1366x768 resolution...

---------------------
| X220 i7-2620M | 12.5" IPS | Intel 520 Series 180GB Main SSD | Mushkin 120GB mSATA SSD | 8GB RAM | Intel 6205 WiFi | BT | Win7 Pro 64 SP1 |
Punch Card
corelement

[ Edited ]

Seriously?

Seriously??

The only reason the people I know who use thinkpads USE THINKPADS IS BECAUSE OF THE KEYBOARD WITH THE CORNER BLOCK ROW KEYS

and you just shut the door on the face of all those customers lenovo..

The placement of the page up page down / home and delete on the chicklet keyboard is horrible!

HOW COULD YOU DO THIS TO THINKPADS lenovo...

You made it go from thinkpad to **bleep**pad just by getting rid of the corner block key row...That was the reason why financial people DEPENDED on thinkpad laptops....

They NEED that corner row..

Token Ring
dodger_NL

Not to mention they lost the "forward" and "back"  button between the up arrow key, which are very, very convenient when browsing the web.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thinkpad® T430 | Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | 8GB HyperX PnP DDR3-2133MHz | Nvidia® NVS™ 5400M | 256GB Plextor® M5 Pro
Punch Card
timenetworks

Betreff: X230 picture

[ Edited ]

After looking at the picture

Some of my friends have already decided to move to Mac

There is no reason for them to stay in ThinkPad

as this is MacPad already

For me, I become the one who have no Laptop to use.

Can lenovo listen to ThinkPad fanboys/traditional users?

===Signature===================================
ThinkPad x61 with AFFS 1400*1050 panel (certified dead)
The Ultimate Machine so far
WWAN
Puppy

Betreff: X230 picture

[ Edited ]

Here is article http://blog.lenovo.com/design/9-principles-for-great-branding-by-design about design and branding. Maybe it is worth to put a comment there

What's DOS?
atuchan

I really do not understand the move to put isolation keyboard.

I think the keyboard and the track point are only things keeping Thinkpad users away from buying Mac.

Punch Card
rreis

funny...

I bought my X220, among other reasons, because of the keyboard, trackpoint, thinklight and battery.

mainly.