Support in other languages: 
Serial Port
zoowalk0815

Re: X230 picture

oh - and @lenovo - any approx date when the x230 will be presented? thx
Punch Card
rmendoza58

I beg to differ. Althoug many of those professionals might not care, in my field (higher ed), we care about typing, and that is why many faculty members (and a few students) buy TPs; we type quite a bit. That being said, I would be open to the new keyboard, provided that it is comparable in feel and quality to the traditional one.

I went to check out the display models at the computer store in my university, and the new keyboard seemed comfortable. The true test, however, would be long-term use. For instance, how do you feel after hours of typing? Do you become more prone to mistakes with the new keyboard? Do the keys have the "right" amount of resistance/feedback? I hope it is a good keyboard, because I am due for a new computer next Fall, and I was thinking of getting the X220, but now the X230, I suppose.

X230
x200
T410
TP Tablet 2
Punch Card
timenetworks

[ Edited ]

@JWTS

Sorry for late reply

6 row keyboard do not provide more space in X-series

In 7 rows keyboard, there is one row share buttons with the power key and volume keys.

Which means 6 row and 7 rows keyboard should have similay size

And

I don't think that Touchpad is better than trackpoint, even apple's touchpad

Provide more space for touchpad is useless

Many friends of mine do want to remove the touchpad (Although it can be disabled in system setting, not sure in Linux)

===Signature===================================
ThinkPad x61 with AFFS 1400*1050 panel (certified dead)
The Ultimate Machine so far
Punch Card
timenetworks

Another problem that exist for long time is that when will ThinkPad comes with high definition display panel?

I have been waiting for a model which contain 1080p (in 16:9) or above
p.s. I prefer 16:10 screen, it is better than 16:9

Some vendor already producing 1080p ultrabook!!
===Signature===================================
ThinkPad x61 with AFFS 1400*1050 panel (certified dead)
The Ultimate Machine so far
What's DOS?
mrlee1999

Lenovo, hope you are listening.

I have a Z560 for personal use.  While the keyboard is fine for that purpose.  Moving the tpads to that type of keyboard is a move that will not be well received.  I continually mis-key on it more often then when using a tpad.

Your existing Tpad keyboard is what set you apart from the competition in the first place.  Changing to chicklet style is just a move to be like the rest.  Be your own, stand out and continue with the current model or make minor improvements to it.  You will fall to competition by changing to the chicklet style.

I had planned on my next device to be a Tpad if and when the Z560 fails, if it ever does.  If you change over to chicklet style like the rest, then why should I bother?  I can get any ol laptop with a chicklet style.

What's DOS?
djmdjm

I just stumbled across the article with the leaked x230 picture while researching what to replace my x61s. It was enough to motivate me to create an account to communicate my displeasure to Lenovo.

The number one reason that I buy Thinkpads is the quality, comfort and reliability of the keyboard. If Lenovo skimps on this, then there is little reason for me to choose a Thinkpad over one of the ultraportables on the market. 

Punch Card
JWTS

djmdjm wrote:

I just stumbled across the article with the leaked x230 picture while researching what to replace my x61s. It was enough to motivate me to create an account to communicate my displeasure to Lenovo.

The number one reason that I buy Thinkpads is the quality, comfort and reliability of the keyboard. If Lenovo skimps on this, then there is little reason for me to choose a Thinkpad over one of the ultraportables on the market. 

Why do you assume they're 'skimping' on the keyboard?  Overwhelmingly, those who have typed on the X1 keyboard rave about it. That's not to say that *everyone* prefers it, but most who've used it find it to be the one of, if not the best laptop keyboard available.

So, why are you 'displeased' when you haven't typed a singe word on the new keyboard?  Your comment, and much of the hand-wringing on this issue, makes no sense to me.

Punch Card
ahumeniy

My X201 has no touchpad and I like it that way, thanks. I think the TrackPoint is the best thing ever invented. Touchpads needs to be huge to be remotely useful, trackpoint doesn't.

Really, I HATE touchpads and everyone I see preffer to use an external mouse than the touchpad and they're doomed when not carring one with them.

Punch Card
Sjan

Well looks as though the X201 with1440x900 will be my last ThinkPad. I will never understand why designers want to fix what's not broke.

ajkula66
Kudos: 696
Solutions: 732

Sjan wrote:

Well looks as though the X201 with1440x900 will be my last ThinkPad. I will never understand why designers want to fix what's not broke.

Justifying one's job comes to mind...

I'm still hoping that the leaked pictures are fake...a 6-row keyboard on a full-blown ThinkPad is a non-starter for me...period.

Cheers,

George

In daily use: T43pSF, R60F, T410, W510

Backups: T60, T61p, R500F

For sale: T60 (15" SXGA+ IPS), T61p (14" SXGA+ & 15.4" WUXGA),

Rebuilding: A31p, T42p, X24

Non-ThinkPads: Panasonic CF-31 & CF-52, HP 8760W

I build FrankenPads....scary FrankenPads...

S = SATA-mod (on T43/p units only)
F = FrankenPad
L = LED-mod utilizing an UXGA AFFS LED screen

Please DO NOT PM me with requests for individual support, but post your questions and concerns in the appropriate section of the forum where other users can benefit from them as well. Thank you.