Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Paper Tape
totoro-kun

Re: X230 picture

Oh the horror keyboard, It's bad enough they use 16:9 creens, making thinkpads look so wide, that if you own 14" thinkpad it looks like 15"+. Now this keyboard, really sad.

To me, a top reason to buy a thinkpad is it's keyboard. For ages it has been simply the best. And second rason easylly available hardware documentation which is also being nerfed down imo.

So it seems i'll have to look else where for my next laptop, now that the legendary thinkpad keyboard is gone.

And i'm not even talking about build quality.

Blue Screen Again
clbme

[ Edited ]

When I saw this chocolate type keyboard, I know that thinkpad had completely gone. fortunately, we still have the red-cap...but, maybe it will be also disappeared on X250...

SCSI Port
puntohgt2008

[ Edited ]

Well...

It seems like nobdy from those "designers" are listening to the ThinkPad fanbase...

Maybe I'm oldfashioned but I think my newest and last ThinkPad will be my X61s (L7500, 3GB RAM, Samsung 470 SSD @ Win7Pro 64Bit).

Sorry Lenovo but ThinkPad is getting more and more - err what was the german low cost brand bought? YEP Medion...

:smileysad::smileysad:

Just my 2 cents

EDIT:
@Mornsgrans: your sarcastic reply sums it up very nicely :smileywink:

ƃuıʞʇɟıɹp
Home-Forum: thinkpad-forum.de
Mostly Used now: X61s - Samsung 470 - Win7Pro 64Bit
Guru
HiVolt

Well it'll be interesting as it gets officially unveiled, what the rest of the package will be... But I'm not liking that keyboard, if it is indeed a proper picture of the x230.

the X220 maybe the last ultraportable with a proper keyboard?

---------------------
| X220 i7-2620M | 12.5" IPS | Intel 520 Series 180GB Main SSD | Mushkin 120GB mSATA SSD | 8GB RAM | Intel 6205 WiFi | BT | Win7 Pro 64 SP1 |
Serial Port
zoowalk0815

Unfortunately, I have to agree.

It's only one picture so far - but what I see is truely disappointing - the keyboard and the screen format.

What is this obsession with wide screens. How can this be for "those who do"? Lenovo has to wake up -

there is some serious brand dilution going on. Instead of having the guts and stick with what people adored and were

willing to pay a premium, they produce now very ordinary products. Dropping the keyboard.... I really wonder how that decision came about...

The ThinkPad seems to become a trend follower, instead of a standard setter. ;-(

Punch Card
ahumeniy

There should be a poll or something to have an idea about how many people are there who would preffer a "classic" style ThinkPad vs the ones who crave for a modern-looking one. I have heard some people complain ThinkPads looks "old" and don't have "bling" like... Macs as an example. Sadly, people nowadays buy things whick look shiny and lady-like regardless of sex or sexual-orientation. These are the days of the style over substance.

Although I would like the classic keyboard back, I think I should test the new keyboard in order to make a more constructive critique. Did someone actually used a ThinkPad with that type of keyboard? How does it feel?

Guru
PeterTWJ

The chassis of ThinkPad #20 to #30 series look similar. It would be great if Lenovo provides options for customer to choose either traditional or chiclet keyboard. However, if it really allows to be swap to traditional keyboard, it would look almost the same like the previous #20 series. :smileyindifferent:

Have a nice day! :smileytongue::smileyhappy::smileyvery-happy:

Peter

W520 (4284-A99)

Does someone’s post help you? Give them kudos as a reward, as they will do better to improve | Mark it as solved if the solution works for you, so it could be reference for others in the future

=====================================

Sound Enthusiast and Enhancement (Post comments, share mixes, etc.)

http://forums.lenovo.com/t5/General-Discussion/Dol​by-Home-Theater-v4-for-most-Lenovo-Laptops/td-p/6...

http://forums.lenovo.com/t5/IdeaPad-Slate-Tablets/​IdeaPad-Tablet-Sound-Enhancement-Thread/td-p/7150

Paper Tape
totoro-kun

It's pointless even to test this keyboard, because I allways bought thinkpads for their keyboard strenght, layout, ergonomics. That's whats made thinkpad keyboards stand out as most comfortable and productive keyboard on any laptop out there. Now, that everything is gone this is just another keyboard that you can find on any other laptop, like Medion, Dell, Asus, Toshiba  etc. And even if it would be any good, I would still would not want it, I would not be comfortable to ergonomic layout change, I am too used to the good thinkpad keyboard.

Thats my two cents.

Guru
HiVolt

ahumeniy wrote:

There should be a poll or something to have an idea about how many people are there who would preffer a "classic" style ThinkPad vs the ones who crave for a modern-looking one.

I agree, it would be interesting. I for one would love a more classic looking one, with a 16:10 screen vs 16:9, good resolution in the 12-13" format, an option NOT to have a touchpad as I disable it permanently and use trackpoint exclusively, etc...

I also liked the old hinged style lid, as well as the angled screen edges that would "interlock" with the bottom to form a somewhat of a seal. I dont know to describe it but it was like that on my old T21 and I imagine in many TP's since.

IMO the classic Thinkpad series like T & X  are laptops are for people who want the productivity, reliability and toughness, they dont need bling and stuff. Lenovo already has a line of "consumer" laptops and those are just fine for the everyday folks.

---------------------
| X220 i7-2620M | 12.5" IPS | Intel 520 Series 180GB Main SSD | Mushkin 120GB mSATA SSD | 8GB RAM | Intel 6205 WiFi | BT | Win7 Pro 64 SP1 |
Punch Card
MarcXW

Wow, it looks great, I hope the screen's resolution improves from the X220 as well. (BTW  to anybody criticizing the keyboard's new design, please try it before criticizing it, if it's the same as the X1's keyboard, it is truly amazing. This keyboard is virtually the same as the old Thinkpad keyboard. It has the same travel and feel, it just looks slightly different and has backlighting. Some useless keys have been removed and that is it. This new keyboard has been universally praised and Laptopmag named it, on the X1 at least, the best keyboard they'd ever used. This is not the same as the Edge series keyboard, the feel and key travel are much better and, as I've already said, similar to those on other classic Thinkpads)