11-04-2010 06:05 PM
I have an X300 and I'd like to know a few things:
- I have located the SIM under the battery.. by pure coincidence. I plugged in my SIM (3G - Telstra NextG) and tried to connect to the net but it didn't get detected. I used the same SIM in a dongle and it worked fine. It could be two things:
Question: How can I determine if I have a modem? and If I do then how do I check it's configured properly?
- Battery: My battery currently lasts around 3hrs and I'd like to improve my battery life.
Question: How can I tell if I have a 3 cell or a 6 cell battery?
- I read somewhere, I can't find it anymore, that the X300 comes equiped with a GPS.
Question: Is that true?
Solved! Go to Solution.
11-05-2010 03:25 AM
1) Check your parts list to see whether the wwan card is included in your machine.
2) One of the wwan card listed above have integrated GPS function. The GPS function is not integrated into the laptop itself.
3) Check your parts list, it will tell you what is the size of your battery.
11-05-2010 03:48 AM
12-09-2010 06:12 PM
I've been searching for a modem as recommended by Lead_org.
I've come across two cards selling on ebay:
Card 1 - IBM Unlocked MC8775 WWAN Card
Card 2 -
Does anyone anything about these two cards? Any recommendations? Can I assume any MC8775 will work with my X300?