03-04-2010 03:00 AM
A lot of posts on this topic...
fresh Win7 x64 install on Thinkpad X301 4057-WBR. All downloads & drivers applied. All devices visible and working properly according to device manager. All prereqs for AT&T WWAN HSPA driver installed, except KB948278 as this is a patch for Vista - not Win7.
Fn+F5 shows WIFI and BLUETOOTH but not WWAN radio. Immediately after reinstalling hotkey driver, or chipset driver, WWAN radio is visible and powered off. Pressing Power on does nothing. Press Fn+F5 again and WWAN radio is gone.
Conclusion: unable to power on Ericsson F3507G device when running Win7 x64. Device was working perfectly under Vista. A patch is urgently needed - I'm sure I'm not alone on this one.
Reading other posts on same topic:
- BIOS reset to defaults does nothing. All ports/devices are already enabled.
- Installing Ericsson MD400 modem driver which includes Wireless Manager does nothing. Device not detected.
Seriously, this is the only reason I got this laptop to begin with - and now it's the only thing not working.
03-08-2010 10:39 AM
I experienced with the same issue , I reinstalled my x301 again win WIN 7 x64
but I exclude lenovo Power managment applicatoin , I installed only the power mangment driver 1.6
and since them (4 month) i don't have this problem ..
03-08-2010 03:12 PM - edited 03-08-2010 03:13 PM
Thanks for feedback. Here's my status:
I installed system update 4.0 which made it a lot easier manage drivers etc. I have also manually uninstalled the power manager application, but unfortunately this does not help. Here's what happens with/without power manager:
1) after boot, all three radio icons above F6-F7 are on
2) hitting Fn+F5 shows wifi on, bluetooth on, and wwan off
3) clicking power on for wwan does nothing (some hdd acivity), window closes
4) repeat steps 2-3 and wwan status changes to "disabled"
5) hit Fn+F5 again and wwan radio is gone. Repeat.
Suggestions? This laptop is heading for early retiement...
04-23-2010 03:17 PM
Dear Support I didn't receive any news on how to fix the problem.
This forum IS NOT a Lenovo support channel, it's a user mutual support forum.
Please refer to the user guidelines for the forum.
08-21-2010 07:26 PM
Still no answers? I've been strugglling with this for about three whole days
Windows 7 64 bit
And thank you billbolton for your valuable observations