Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Paper Tape
shanyong

X61 Bluetooth problem

Hi,

I got a new lenova x61 one week ago . However i am not ableto find out how to add the bluetooth device. Fn F5 does identify a bluetooth and I set it on. But When I use the add bluetooth device wizard, it shows that "Windows cannot find any bluetooth devices. Make sure that your bluetooth adapter is attached to your computer and is turned on, and that your bluetooth device is turned on". I am quite sure that there is bluetooth opition in my X61 for I paid 29$ for it when I buy it. I have already upgraded the driver of the ThinkPad Bluetooth. Can anyoine suggest how to solve this problem?

thanks in advance

regards
Yong

Thinkpad X61: 7668-CTO, VIsta Home Basic 
802.11n
mailxiaodan

Re: X61 Bluetooth problem

On below LCD, you should see a blinking/on wireless icon, beside which there is a bluetooth icon. It should be on if it is enabled.

HOpe this helps.

Paper Tape
shanyong

The light is on. The problem is that I can't use the bluetooth device to find any bluetooth device. Is that possible that although the light is on, the bluetooth on my computer is still broken? Thanks. 

Ctrl-Alt-Del
dbh369

Hi, I had a similar problem, and I'm guessing this isn't solved yet. You need to make sure that 1) the hardware switch is on (under left front edge), 2) radio is on (use the thinkvantage button and turn on bluetooth radio), 3) make sure the device you are looking for is 'discoverable' (usually a mode change). Hope that helps.